Default Fibromyalgia After Work Injury

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: IL

How many of you have developed fibromyalgia after a work injury/surgery? Just curious!

Default Re: Fibromyalgia After Work Injury

I'm not sure what that is, Is it nerve damage ? If so . I have .

I don't know why this surprises me that so many people don't know what it is. It's a syndrome with tons of symptoms (IBS, migraines, sensitivity to light, cold, sound, fatigue, and muscle pain.) It's usually diagnosed by having 11 of 18 tender points in various parts of the body. You can have some nerve pain with it, but it's not part of the syndrome.

Do you plan to file for social security disability. Fibromyalgia is listed as a condition for obtaining benefits. My wife suffers from fibromyalgia and is on social security disability. I hope you don't have it, because my wife and others like her contend with pain everyday. Just wanted you to know about the social security possibility.

Thanks, for mentioning it. I know already that I can apply for SSD. However, right now, I am not in a terrible situation yet that I can't work. I would like to try and find a sit down job and see how that works. The place I am at now is getting too hard for me to work. I am exhausted after work every day and I am in massive pain sometimes too!

yes you can file for disability on fibromyalgia. my wife got it after she was in a bad car wreck 20 years ago the doctors told her it wouldnt get any worse than just a little pain, boy were they wrong. today she is on several pain meds( and by the way getting a doc to give you pain pills is like a big pain in the but) any way she just recently filed for disability (oct of o7) and finally got approved in march of 08 and got a back settlement from a year before oct of 07. and even though she only worked a little over the last 20 years, she still gets to draw disabilty. its not alot and the fact that i make to much for her to draw ssi, we did try and applied for it. origially the ss office told here that she could draw ssi along with her disablility we later found out that i make to much, and in my opinion i dont make crap you have to make like less than 1500 a month in order to get ssi. that really sucks because what do they expect people to live on. just doesnt seem fair. anyway like i said dont wait to file for disability or ssi the longer you wait the more money you will be throwing away if your approved.

GOOD LUCK!!

candyman,
    Has you wife looked into the studies that are being done around the country...Fibromyalgia and RSD are similar, and the studies include testing, ongoing treatment at no cost, medications, and at times there can be a stipend/money for participation in the study...

She should look into this...it could be a great help in managing the pain.

Yes i have develope fibromyalagia after an injury to my knee which was work related and i had surgery and developed an infection. Well the Dr could not figure out why i was always in pain until almost 2 years later they drew some blood on me and found out i had a positive ANA which is lupus plus i had all the signs of fibro. also but no one would ever believe me each time i went to the dr and was in so much pain now i am so upset and disable as i have severe pain all the time and severe fatigue. It takes all my energy just to get out of bed each day and i am only 49 years old so i cant imgine living like this the rest of my life. Plus i am a nurse and this seems to be harder on me as no one would listen. So now i only get alittle 3000 from workmens comp. for an injury that i believe brought on my fibromyalagia.

So now i only get alittle 3000 from workmens comp. for an injury that i believe brought on my fibromyalagia.
    If you would provide your state... It would be easier to help you understand the rating process and how WC benefits/settlement are calculated.

If you can get your Dr to make the connection between your orginial injury and the Fibro condition, or you may have RSD/CRPS, you may be able to get this accepted as a "compensable consequence"....medical benefits would be provided.
    Info on RSD/CRPS is here www.rsds.org The two are very similar, and often misdiagnosed. Both very painful at times, no cure, and treatment options are pretty much the same.

If you have closed out the claim though by C&R/lump sum cash payment... it would be too late for this.

May be a good idea to begin a thread of your own...this one it from 2008.