Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Question After Back Surgery

I had lower back surgery last Thursday had a laminectomy of L3L4 L4L5 i just was wondering after surgery did anybody else have numbness in the outer part of the thighs that after a couple days it turned to pain has anybody else experanced this. is this a cause for concern. and also for those who had this type of surgery how long does it take for the leg pain go away. before surgery i had the pain from the nerve in my left leg and it is still there ontop of the new pain in my thighs

Default Re: After Back Surgery

I had a discectomy on L-4 L-5, about 3 weeks ago. I developed the same numbness and pain your talking about in my thigh, and i still have it, my doc said he has had this complaint from several patients, but he cant really explain it. The nerve pain in my leg is still an issue as well.

Default Re: After Back Surgery

Quote Quoting tootall411 View Post
    I had lower back surgery last Thursday had a laminectomy of L3L4 L4L5 i just was wondering after surgery did anybody else have numbness in the outer part of the thighs that after a couple days it turned to pain has anybody else experanced this. is this a cause for concern. and also for those who had this type of surgery how long does it take for the leg pain go away. before surgery i had the pain from the nerve in my left leg and it is still there ontop of the new pain in my thighs
    It depends on how long the nerves were being pinched. You can have residual pain for up to a year. The area where you had surgery was propably swollen causing your pain. Did you use ice after surgery? Are you using ice now? The area can stay inflamed for a while. My pain lasted for about a month after I had this done.