Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Financial Help

Default Financial Help

Is there any help out there for the injured workers so that you don't lose everything you worked so hard for? I am about to lose my car and possibably my home too. I have two teenage kids and I am not receiving anything from wc. Someone please help

Default Re: Finacial

I am not receiving anything from wc.
    Why...?

There are possible benefits from SSI...
    There may be benefits through your County Social Sevices Dept... eg food stamps...

It would probable be a good idea to contact your creditors and explain your situation, that you are not working due to your injury, and at what point you expect to RTW..
    The best options are always to contact the creditors you have FIRST before they come to you... that always shows that you are interested in taking care of those who have taken care of you...
    The bank doesn't want your house back, neither does the car lender...
    If you contact your mortgage company...the 'owner' of your loan, not the 'servicer', there may be a way to 'wrap' a new package to include your house, car, credit cards etc...
    You said you have children... is your wife working..?
    Due to your financial situation, SSA/SSI may be a good place to begin to get some $$$ help...and the benefits are based on income/assets as well as dependants...

If you have been determined P&S/MMI by your doctors, and are not receiving benefits from the ER/IC, and your ER cannot make 'reasonable acommodation' for your RTW...then it is imperative that you begin a search for suitable employment as soon as possible...Your doctors are the ones who make the determination on your RTW... while you may not ''feel like'' you can RTW... yours is not a 'medical opinion'...time lost 'feeling' like you cannot go back to the work force..will never be made up for.
    "Lost wages'' will forever be 'lost wages' in WC...

(everyone knows I don't do ''smiley faces'', so I hope you can read this the way I intend it....so, for once..)

im sorry to hear that. we to are experiencing these problems and my wife is a stay at home mom. problem is nobody cares

Bvia thanks but I have already gone thru the food stamp process they say my husband makes too much for us. He only makes $11.00 an hour. With the prices of gas and mortgage and car then the price of food takes all that. I have applied for everything at the SSI office and have been denied. I have contacted my loan officers and they were gonna take my car this weekend if I did not come up with $450.00 with in the day. If it wasn't for my uncle letting me borrow it they would have it. I can't even get a loan anywhere to cover just a few expenses just because of being late because of wc. I hate this. I am getting so depressed anymore I can't eat all I do is worry about how I can pay for stuff. My doctor has me on restrictions i was fired from my job because of this ( according to my employer its because of decline in orders) I can't find a job in my area with my restrictions there's not much I can do but sit and wait and hope that everything I have worked so hard for doesn't crumble around me. I have wrote the governor not sure how far that will get but worth a shot. I feel like a walking time bomb about to explode. Now I know why people rob banks. If they would help people in the united states before helping other countries the united states would be a less crime country and be on the straight and narrow.

i started seing a counselor and my doc put me on xanex . im doing much better now. ive learned through this process that worrying wont get you anywhere faster just best to ride it out and hopefully you will get a settlement out of this so you can get your life back

Just me.....have you got a hearing date yet? I gather from the way your posts are written that you are not eligible for a 19.b hearing....is that correct?

DMAC I have no idea about the hearing. My attorney says that I should be getting my TTD payments but they are saying no. I have not returned to work because they layed me off while I was off with restrictions they could not accommodate my attorney is now pushing for vocational rehab do to the long period of time of not having to search for a job and also since I may never be able to return to factory work. I am going to call him tomorrow to see if he can't push something. Work comp has never sent either one of us a letter stating the reason for stopping payment which is illegal on their part. My attorney has sent numerous letters to see why and they have not responded.

Sounds like your AA is not being as proactive as she or he can be. Previously I sent you a link to the Arbitrator's schedule. You may have to do some research, but I am sure by now you have your IL WC Claim number. You can search based on your claim number when your case comes up in front of an Arbitrator.

DMAC my claim number is the number that work comp gave me right to check on that? That is the only number I have. No other numbers. My attorney said he did file an emergency hearing but he can't say how soon they will set anything up he said it could take 3 months.

Your claim # starts with either 07 or 08 followed by WC then 5 digits.
    Example 07WC 12345.

If the employee is not receiving medical, surgical or hospital services as
    provided in paragraph (a) of Section 8 or compensation as provided in
    paragraph (b) of Section 8, the employee, in accordance with
    Commission Rules, may file a petition for an emergency hearing by an
    Arbitrator on the issue of whether or not he is entitled to receive payment
    of such compensation or services as provided therein. Such petition shall have priority over all other petitions and shall be heard by the Arbitrator and Commission with all convenient speed.

3 months is NOT an Emergency Hearing.