Michigan Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Michigan Workers

• Michigan Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Michigan Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Does a Hernia Qualify Me?

I have 15 years with my current employer and now I have to go for a hernia operation that is going to have me out of work for 3-4 weeks, do I' have a workers comp case? My doctor said this injury occurred over time, not from any one act of lifting. My job requires lifting on a daily basis sometimes heavy sometimes not. I cant afford to be out of work that long without pay, what are my options.

Thanks in advance...

PH

Default Re: Does a Hernia Qualify Me?

Work related injuries can occur over time...these are 'CT' or Cumulative Trauma injuries.

Even if this did take time, or was determined as 'pre-exsisting' condition, WC in most states would provide for treatment to an 'aggrivation' to the condition.
    You would/should also be entitled to TTD/TPD benefits while you recover from the injury/surgery.

Read up on the MI WCA, knowing your rights will help you receive the benefits you are/may be entitled to...a second opinion should be included in the process..as well as the ability to dispute any findings...

There are some fact sheets available for IW's...http://www.michigan.gov/uia/0,1607,7-118----S,00.html
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/wc...t_220946_7.pdf
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/os...b_175230_7.pdf

i was on workerscomp for over three yrs due to a inguinal hernia surgery.I now have resricitions of no lifting over 8lbs and some others...the comp insurance settled with me the first of the year...

Be SURE you deposit any money you received for future medical in your settlement, when it comes time you are Medicare eligible...CMS/Medicare will want to see that ALL of that money including interest has been exhausted on treatment to this injury..or you could see a delay in receiving ANY Medicare benefits....

What the phrase...'buyer beware...'' well in WC it's "IW/Claimant beware'...
    Don't spend that FM money on just anything you like...

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    Be SURE you deposit any money you received for future medical in your settlement, when it comes time you are Medicare eligible...CMS/Medicare will want to see that ALL of that money including interest has been exhausted on treatment to this injury..or you could see a delay in receiving ANY Medicare benefits....

What the phrase...'buyer beware...'' well in WC it's "IW/Claimant beware'...
    Don't spend that FM money on just anything you like...
    done that but thanks for the post...