Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Settlement for Knee Surgery

what is the average settlement for knee surgery on the meniscus of the right knee. also in march of 06 i had a double fusion on my back, it was filed under my health insurance. i was told i had a workers comp case, but then found out that because i stated that "i didn't think i did it at work", there was no claim. is this true?

Default Re: Mercyme

settlement amounts are not publicized so no average can be computed.

Default Re: Mercyme

i was at work and walking from the office back to my work station when the pain hit me in my left hip and i went downhill from there the remaining of the day. supervisor told me it was probably the siatic nerve and would work its way out and to go to the chiropractor and see if he could help, the chiropractor told me it no way would require surgery because of bulging discs in my back and would require surgery, the surgeon told me was more than likely caused by repetitiveness at work.

Default Re: Settlement for Knee Surgery

Meniscus repair is worth 17.5-22.5% of the leg depending on how severe.

If your surgeon told you that your back injury was likely do to repetitive work, you should consult an attorney before just accepting that this is "not work related." You are not a doctor and not all work injuries are obviously work related. You may have an injury for which you can recover. It is going to cost you nothing but your time to consult an attorney and run it by him/her before giving up on the back injury.

I had total ACL reconstrusion of my right knee back I Nov of 07 and cracked my tail bone that was 12 week to heal. I'm still in PT for the ACL.can any one tell me the amout I may get as a settement

Quote Quoting LWP1976 View Post
    what is the average settlement for knee surgery on the meniscus of the right knee. also in march of 06 i had a double fusion on my back, it was filed under my health insurance. i was told i had a workers comp case, but then found out that because i stated that "i didn't think i did it at work", there was no claim. is this true?
    LWP, lateral meniscus or medial meniscus? Partial tear or complete tear? What is the nature of your work?

With regard to your fusion, an inconsistent history make things more difficult in proving causation, but many injured worker's does understand that there injuries her work-related and make such statements that can be overcome.

AFLinjurylaw@aol.com
    hockeylaw@aol.com