Default Can I Work a Part Time Job While on Workers Comp

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Iowa. I have no light duty with my full time employer. I drive school bus part time. My injury is to the left shoulder. Will I be able to drive school bus if my WC is approved for my full time job? I expect to be off work at the FT job for 3-4 months.

Default Re: Can I Work a PT Job While on WC

IF your treating physican says you can work/drive in your second job, they yes, and you may be entitled to Temp Partial Disability...
    BUT, IF you claim you CANNOT work due to your injury, then NO you can't work.

My injury is to the left shoulder. Will I be able to drive school bus if my WC is approved for my full time job? I expect to be off work at the FT job for 3-4 months.
    Your continuing to drive a school bus will also be determined by the supervisors over your driving ability while you are off due to a work related injury...

Talk to your doctor...if you can't work your FT job, due to a shoulder injur, how can you drive a bus...(is the bus equiped with an automatic transmission?)

Default Re: Can I Work a PT Job While on WC

Curly, as BvIA has pointed out, you MUST discuss your situation ASAP WITH YOUR WC PTP who has deemed you "off work" on your PRIMARY, FULL TIME JOB, as WELL as the actual PHYSICAL DEMANDS as a bus driver with your PART-TIME job!!!!

You may be unfamiliar with Worker's Compensation, so here is a Friendly "Heads Up": The Insurance Carrier and Claims Adjustor is NOT YOUR 'FRIEND", and WILL be looking for ANYTHING to either LIMIT THEIR COSTS, and POSSIBLY, DENY YOUR CLAIM!!!!!

IF, and I EMPHASISE, IF you do NOT DISCUSS YOUR SECOND JOB WITH WOUR PTP, and CONTINUE WORKING, then a VERY NASTY IC/CA could POTENTIALLY ACCUSE YOU OF WC FRAUD!!!!

Curly, your "new job" is to start READING and LEARNING EVERYTHING you can about the Work Comp laws for your State! In MANY situations, it is ADVISABLE TO CONSULT with SEVERAL EXPERIENCED WC ATTORNEYS, as WELL!

Work Comp is a TERRIBLY COMPLICATED, and CONVOLUTED, CONFUSING SYSTEM! The MORE you KNOW and UNDERSTAND, the better YOU WILL ABLE to ENSURE that you are receiving ALL the benefits that are LAWFULLY due you! ANd that is TRUE, even IF you DO have an attorney!

KNOWLEGE IS POWER!!!! (And will possibly prevent you from "involuntarily re-locating" from your current, cozy residence to a NEW one that serves up "three hots and a cot")

Good Luck, and keep us posted