Hawaii Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Hawaii Workers

• Hawaii Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Hawaii Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problems After Cervical Neck Fusion

About how long does it usually take before being released back to work ? Also how long after the surgery do WC rate scars from the surgery? PT hurts like hell but Im told that it hurts for awhile then gets better. Its been 15 months since the injury and it seems like theres no end to the pain.
    What are the steps to when time comes for a settlement? How do they pay out a settlement as far as surgerys, rehab, seeing a psychologist and complications go?
    Last edited by pain in the neck; 09-29-2008 at 10:57 PM.

well your lucky there being only 15 months since injury and alreayd had surgery... I have been out 44 months almost 4 years no release back to work...

From what I understand nothing really will happen until you have been found to be at MMI for the allowed parts of the claim.. that includes the psychological if you have one on your claim. You will still recieve PT after you reach MMI but only as maintance.

If you are at the point where you think you may be able to go back to work you are ahead of me so you are now going to become the my teacher and let me know what happens.

Please keep me up to date on what goes on from here so I know what to expect...

I dont anticipate going back to work soon Dr. said there are too many restrictions as of now also psychologist says I am in a depression (who wouldnt be after enduring so many dead ends with WC) Last I was told is that I may never be able to return to my original job as no light duty is available and my Dr. is afraid that if I do go back to that job I may reinjury myself due to my job description such as heavy lifting and vigorous overhead activity. So my Atty has told me to just hang on and see what happens. Dr. has now found mild degenerative disk disease on the disk below the one that was fused so Im hoping I dont run into problems with that one and that is another reason my Dr said that i might have to end up working at a less strenuous job. PT still hurts like hell but I have no choice but to go as they say that it will get better as time goes by. (I sure hope so cause I end up feeling so sore for about 2 days after PT). I cant seems to shake that nagging choking (coughing) feeling and I am having alot of burning feeling down my left arm (which PT says is just the muscle aching). Somtimes I wonder what will happen next......

Has anyone ever heard of PT's being able to correct the choking (coughing) feeling by exercising your esophogus? I'm wondering if it will do more harm then good . No new improvements yet

Unhappy Re: Problems After Cervical Neck Fusion

Been 18 months since injury, PT has stopped my therapy saying that she feels it is not helping , Im still in alot of pain and the numbness seems to be coming back in my fingers. Rotation of my neck is limited. Any suggestions?

it has been 15 months since my surgery and I had started to have problems with the pain in my arm and tingling fingers so my doctor sent me back to my surgeon. The surgeon wanted a new MRI, catscan. Mylogram and EMG. The MRI was not a very good one so now I just had another only 2 months after the first since I have been seeing my surgeon again and go in for the EMG within the week. I was told that he may have to go back in but before he does he wants to know exactly which nerve in involved. This is all due to problems after the surgery!!! I wouldnt take back the surgery for nothing because where I was before compared to now is still alot better!!!!