Louisiana Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Louisiana Workers

• Louisiana Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Louisiana Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: 1st Check

Default 1st Check

How long does it take to actually start recieving money from Workmans Comp? My injury report date was October 14th and from what I understand I will not even be able to report my income (or lack of) until November 14. Is that true, and what am I supposed to do until then?

Default Re: 1st Check

you should report that you are out of work as soon as the doctor authorizes the time off.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I appreciate your time. I have made them aware, they have a copy of the Dr.'s note. My nurse case manager will not return my phone calls and I only get my workmans comp case worker's voice mail, I have also e-mailed the case worker with my questions.

it generally takes 2-3 weeks from the time they know you are off work to set up a case and make the first payment.
    for more information
    http://www.laworks.net/WorkersComp/R...epsInjured.asp

It does not take 2 or 3 weeks to set up a claim file.
    The statute is that you receive your first TTD check within 14 days of being declared TTD by your doctor...

If your injury or illness is compensable:

Benefits will be paid beginning on the eighth day after the injury. You should receive your first benefit check within 14 days after you notify your employer of the injury.
    If you miss work for more than 42 days you will then receive compensation for the first seven days following the injury date. Any additional compensation for permanent disability, such as an amputated limb, will be determined after you return to work or at the end of the healing period.http://www.laworks.net/WorkersComp/R...epsInjured.asp
    If you'll go to the link provided you'll find lots of answers to questions you may have...including what to do in the event of a disputed claim...

Thanks so much!