Indiana Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Indiana Workers

• Indiana Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Indiana Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Can You Get Mileage for Doctor Visits and Physical Therapy

I have to go to pt 5 days a week. Can I get anything from wc? Can you get more than the state max on your weekly payments? I have been off work for two months. I am getting the max and that does'nt even cover my bills. I am not sure when I will be able to go back to work. When I go back to work will I have to pay taxes on wc payments?
    Last edited by monk; 11-01-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: forgot something

Default Re: Can You Get Mileage for Doctor/Pt

No you don't have to pay work comp taxes. You don't claim it either. And also no you don't get paid mileage for going to pt. The only time they pay you mileage is when you go to one of their doctors. Does that help any?

Here is the Indiana Guide To Indiana Worker’s Compensation, http://www.in.gov/wcb/handbook/HANDB...onforLostWages.
    This is where you will find answers to most of your questions...as this is the state law governing the provision of WC benefits.

As to your mileage issues...
    Effective July 1, 2000, IC 22-3-3-4 now requires employers/insurers to reimburse employees for lost work due to medical treatments or travel to or from the place of treatment based on their average daily wage.
    This does not indicate the actual 'miles traveled' as a reimbursement issue.
    Check with your CA about this, and the necessary forms.

Can you get more than the state max on your weekly payments? I have been off work for two months. I am getting the max and that does'nt even cover my bills.
    TTD payments are based on a AWW as determined by the state...as you are a max wage earner you receive the legal TTD max....
    That's all you are entitled to...and those benefits are not taxable at the state or federal level.

Thanks for the help