Michigan Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Michigan Workers

• Michigan Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Michigan Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Workers Compensation and Layoff

Hurt on the job about 5 months ago, have been working on restrictions and am still getting medical treatment for that injury. Found out that I will be getting laid off without a return to work date, but possibly 2 weeks (but employer can't say for sure). What is the best way to handle the situation? To file for comp wage loss to protect myself incase I do not get called back in the two weeks, or file for the unemployment with the expected 2 wk return date and hope like hell I am called back? Any suggestions would help.

Default Re: Workers Compensation and Layoff

To file for comp wage loss to protect myself incase I do not get called back in the two weeks,
    Your doctor has released you to 'light duty'...the only way you will see 'wage loss' benefits from the IC will be IF your doctor says you cannot do your job due to the injury...(and If that does not occur, and you take the wage loss, it could be defrauding the IC....)

or file for the unemployment with the expected 2 wk return date and hope like hell I am called back? Any suggestions would help.
    file for the UI benefits...along with all the other EE's were you work.
    If you are receving TPD benefits...the UI will supplement that to the max allowable rate.

Unfortunately this, along with all the other EE's across the country is due to the state of the economy...sadly, you're caught up in this with all the rest.