New York Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New York Workers

• New York Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New York Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Meniscus Settlement

I am 29 and tore both of the meniscus' in my left knee while at work. The IME stated 15% loss and I don't know what my doctor is claiming. I am just trying to get an idea on what the settlement might be.

Default Re: Meniscus Settlement

It won't be much at all. Don't count on getting anything more than a few thousand especially at 15%. I'd start worrying about what do do next in life with what you have and stop thinking about the settlement.

trust me i am not counting on the settlement to influence my future plans. but you know what they say about curiosity....

Arrow Re: Meniscus Settlement

Quote Quoting ladygolfer View Post
    I am 29 and tore both of the meniscus' in my left knee while at work. The IME stated 15% loss and I don't know what my doctor is claiming. I am just trying to get an idea on what the settlement might be.
    See the attached link:

http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/m...ilityClass.jsp

225 weeks times the amount you are receiving (weekly) times 15% minus any cash (weekly) benefits already paid to you.

its amazing how when some one asks about a settlement or any type of money they may recieve due to thier injury. their is always someone saying don't even count on or think about it. ladygolfer i'm sure everyone that has been injured has at one time or another wondered about if they were eligible for a settlement or not. don't let some people's comments take away from your legitimate question. take a look at the site that q man listed it should inform you.

Thumbs up Re: Meniscus Settlement

Were here to help, were not experts but fellow injured workers trying to answer the questions we all have faced or wanted to ask but couldn't because of a busy attorney or no way (forum) to.
    Its very difficult to be an injured worker as it seems every one thinks you're not hurt or just trying to rip off the system BUT I haven't heard of anyone getting rich off of comp., nor enjoying being in pain, and if there is or was then I would want them turned in as they are the ones who contribute to the mess that comp is.