Washington Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Washington Workers

• Washington Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Washington Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default How Long Does It Takes to Get Payment After PPD Rating is Received at LNI

i got a ime and a pecenage and just wondering if anyone knows how long it generaly takes to recieve my ppd award? ive got a rating of 23% of 130.000

Default Re: How Long It Takes to Get Payment After PPD Rating is Recieved at Lni

no thats what my lawyer said i would recieve a portion of 130.000 is the amout a person would recieve if right arm was amputated there for you get ppd payout based on a percent of that amount.

Default Re: How Long It Takes to Get Payment After PPD Rating is Recieved at Lni

i hav medium severity carple tunnle no surgery needed yet and upper endicondalytus or tennis elbow from drag fishing from 12 yo till 22yo and steamer clam digging when severe pain set in while working long shifts digging and cleaning clams had surgery on march 20th 07 and they removed large peace of muscle witch was black and dead they tried to drill holes to genarate new growth did not work now i have severe pain and am no longer able to work hard at all thanks for your replies if you kow somone who could awnser my first question i will appr much.

linkin, i also have tennis elbow, and ulnar nerve damage. i know you did'nt mention nerve part. i had surgery on both, they placed nerve in dif location and scraped down tendon. they also needed to remove muscle from my arm but it was'nt dead, it was just so they could place nerve in certain area. the dr removed about 2% of bone in area but it has not worked as of yet. i'm not at mmi "maximum medical improvement". so i don't know what my rating will be. is that # correct ,the 130 thous ? the reason i ask is because i don't know and my lawyer tells me nothing. let me know .

i got a ime and a pecenage and just wondering if anyone knows how long it generaly takes to recieve my ppd award? ive got a rating of 23% of 130.000
    Unless your atty negotiates a lump sum cash payment, you are unlikely to see that money all at once...

PPD 'awards' are paid out bi-weekly the same as your TTD was paid...some states pay at the same amount of your TTD, some pay at a lessor rate...

IF you are paid a lump sum all at once, the amount will be reduced to 'todays dollars'... a lower amount presuming you could deposit the money in an interest bearing account and wait for the full payment the same as the IC could do with the money...you always receive more by accepting the bi-weekly payments...'more' as in the full amount you are entitled to.

Go here...http://www.lni.wa.gov/IPUB/242-104-000.pdfaround page 14 for information on PPD ratings/awards..and other information about WC in WA state.

BTW... there is no law that requires the ER/IC to offer you a lump sum payment, or C&R to your claim...and careful consideration should be given to such a settlement where your future medical may be affected.

Smile Re: How Long It Takes to Get Payment After PPD Rating is Recieved at Lni

yes the lawyer im speaking with i grew up with so i asked if i get a settlement hows it calculated buy law you get a percent of 130.000 for arm thats if you resieve a ppd percenage it is my median nerve lni is all my freind does im only asking my question because hes out of state at trial tll the 20th just got my rating of 23%