Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Tennessee Workers

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Fell At Work, Hurt Back, What to Do?

Last week I slipped in the stairwell at the corporate building i work at and fell flat on my back. I did not fall down stairs or anything like that as I was inbetween floors on a flat surface. My feet went up and my back broke my fall. So I reported injury and went to the Dr. and I attend Physical Therapy 2x a week at this point.

At my work if you take off time you have to have the time ie Vacation, Sick, Floating holiday to cover time missed. If you do not have time and you take off work you will be charged an occurence.

Here is my problem. I have very little to no time available to use to hit PT and Dr. appts. Due to my custody battle I am like 1 occurence away from being fired. If I am fired because I do not have time to cover and because I have to go to PT and Dr, what are my options?

I work in a corporate building. If I lose my job, could I sue the building as I am pretty sure I cannot sue my company for firing me for attendance.

Default Re: Fell At Work, Hurt Back, What to Do?

At my work if you take off time you have to have the time ie Vacation, Sick, Floating holiday to cover time missed. If you do not have time and you take off work you will be charged an occurence.
    You're not "taking time off"..you're being treated for a work related injury.
    You are entitled to travel pay to the docs and therapist and a percentage of lost wages. Usually an employer will let the injured worker leave from work, without punching out and return from the docs or therapist, allowing them to be paid for the time lost. (in other words let them get treatement on company time)
    If anyone's telling you different, call a lawyer, you don't have to play these types of games.
    Tony
    Last edited by tony; 01-14-2009 at 09:09 AM.
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm