Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phone Lines Tapped?

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the IC can have a private investigator tap your phone lines for information? I know they can take video of you but, can they tap your phones? I live in a very rural area, along the road, with only a few close neighbors, they really have nowhere to sit and watch me, so I was wondering if their next step would be to tap my phone?

My WC case was started in PA, I've never seen IC doctors (they have none) and the IC recently started giving me a hard time about....everything, Meds, doctor appts, etc. And now my phone is making all kinds of noise when someone calls?? Maybe I'm just freaking out because I'm pi**ed about all of it and I've heard so many horror stories about private investigators harrassing people? HELLLLLLLPPPP!

Default Re: Phone Lines Tapped?

Not legally.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Tim,

If it's not legally then they cannot present any of the evidence in court? I believe that they can't without a warrant or the concent of the other party.

Oh harleymom, if you have embarq I have been having a sh** load of static when I am using my dsl and the phone at the same time, and with all the cold weather and snow and ice and wind, I wouldn't worry about it. Take care sit back and have a hot toddy.

Nipper

not to be rude, but maybe you are taking stuff you read a little to serious. like nipper said they would need a court order, and there is no way a judge would ever approve that. besides that most inj workers could care less if they are watching because all they are seeing is a inj worker. RELAX if your injured, if not , yes i would worry about them. take care !

Quote Quoting hoofit View Post
    harley, come on now, you think someone is watching you all the time? i think the I/C's have enough going on to worry about YOU. you are now just a number to them. if you ARE really hurt why be so paranoid? unless your building a rock wall or a house or something i would'n worry about a PI. i can tell you one thing from experiance. my freind got busted for riding his harley by a PI. he has lower back fusion and he got a letter and had to go in front of the judge with his lawyer and watch the film! his lawyer was pretty slick and said there is nothing from his DR. that said he could't ride his bike and the judge was pretty cool. needless to say he is very paranoid about what he does nowadays. hope this helps take care
    hoofit,

I find your comments to harelymom to be insulting, I can't see if you are calling her a fraud or what especially when you put in your post "if you are really hurt why be so paranoid" This forum is to help and encourage fellow w/c with disabilities. Now I don't know if you are from Pa. but some area's are very rural, your next door neighbor can be 1 mile up the road and there is nothing but farmland in between. I know other people that are disabled and ride (i should say get a ride on a motor cycle) and it's actually the only time they get out and feel good - you just have to take alittle more pain meds, if you do not get out once in awhile you feel stuck in a house and the only people you see are dr and pt. I would like everyone to imagine being in a house that rural and not feeling parinoid.

So unless you are in that persons shoe's don't assume, and you know the rime that goes with that?

Let's help each other not the other way around.

Sincerly,
    Nipper

:
    Quote Quoting usimenko View Post
    not to be rude, but maybe you are taking stuff you read a little to serious. like nipper said they would need a court order, and there is no way a judge would ever approve that. besides that most inj workers could care less if they are watching because all they are seeing is a inj worker. RELAX if your injured, if not , yes i would worry about them. take care !
    What if you are having just the ocassional good day? They might see you just walking in your garden if it was summer and enjoying your flowers or veggies grow and you happen to pick up let's say a tomato, just one or two pictures of that doesn't look good in court, and can be used against you, so in some exstent all she should do is let the tomato rot on the ground then? I am sorry but the only person whom can tell are person "relax if your injured and if not to worry" is that person and there conceince.

Nipper

Hoofit, I have to agree w/Nipper- first, the system makes you paranoid. they start to make you second guess yourself, just because you feel your being watched or your phone is tapped, does not mean you do not have a real injury. it just means they are they victim of the system, like we all are or we would not be on this board looking for support.

It is true that this system does affect different people differently. I have one client that has been on comp many years and is regularly under surveillance. She putters in her garden, within her restrictions, and enjoys taking coffee and donuts to the gents in the oh-so-obvious surveillance van. I just settled a case for another client who actually ended up in a mental facility due to the pure stress of the constant scrutiny. I have no doubt that both of these individuals suffered legitimate life altering injuries. However, due to a difference in their personalities, they reacted differently to the system.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Hey Guys, Sorry to have caused such a ruckuss!! I mean really, I am a little paranoid I guess, maybe its the meds maybe stress I dono?? I want you ALL to know AGAIN, that I do appreciate everyone of your comments and such, at this point I'll take anything, but I don't feel as if stressing everyone else out on my issues and trying to help me is really going to help ME! I am sorry you feel the way you do about my paranoia, but, some of it has come from here I guess, listening to everyone say about the "PI'S" and how they watch you and so on. You must know though, "I DO HURT, I DIDN"T DESERVE THIS" and I'm NOT building any bridges or house's or anythng of the sort. My phone is doing some crazy stuff and I just "thought" as they say "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE" especially with WC and Insur. companies, WE ALL KNOW THAT!! Again, Sorry and I will not be asking anymore STUPID questions to get everyones panties in a wad.

Quote Quoting hoofit View Post
    yo ion and nippy, don't give me any sh*t about advise i give someone else. if you think an I/C can tap your phone lines, then your as doped up as harley. i have been in the system for 5 yrs b4 i settled. i've ben poked, probed, mrid,emgd,ired,imed, cut twice, in court, you name it, i been there done that. so if i want to give some advice to someone who is certainly having problems, keep your "chimes" to yourselfs. as i said, unless your doing something really out of the ordinary, like building a bridge or something, i would not let a PI stop me from living my life. yes the system gets you stressed out and pissed off, but you can still have some fun at times. so yous (see i am from Pa) can go f*ck yourselfs cause i'm goin fishing!
    Hey Man, I see I'm not the only one having a BAD day here, but I certainly would not call you "DOPED UP", Do you see where that's fair at all? I don't!! First, IT SUCKS to have to be in so much pain, you can barely think, function or even want to get out of bed, your outtings consist of dr appts and lawyers, you lose all of your friends because you can't bare to have a life and then all of a sudden your being called a DOPE HEAD! I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME, I DID NOT EVER DREAM THAT IT WOULD but, IT DID and IT SUCKS!! I'm happy for you that you can get out of your house and ENJOY life, have fun and GO FISHING, but for some of us WE CAN"T. As I said before, I am sorry that I asked such a stupid question, I am only human. I have made ALOT of stupid mistakes in my life and DOPIN, ain't one them and I don't appreciate being called DOPED UP. You've been through the system, you've settled your case and your still here, pokin' and proddin' at everyone else and pi**ed off at that, maybe you should forget about this forum and take up fishin' full time.(I used to fish all of the time, it is a good stress reliever)maybe even take a dip at the local swimmin' hole to COOL OFF...ENJOY