Default Fired After Returning to Work

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Pa

Hi,

I was fired today after coming back from a workmans comp injury. I returned to work on Thursday 1/22 and was told they where taking my truck away and i was reassigned the crapest truck we have. Today i go into work and am told i am being fired for my previous truck being 5 gallons low on oil. I pretriped my truck the day i was injured and it didnt require any oil. The truck was used a couple times while i was out and then a mechanic came 3 weeks later and said it needed 5 gallons of oil. I know its retaliation but can anyone give some insight i have a meeting with 3 different attorneys this week one for wc, one for slip and fall (not sure why wc set this up) and another for wrongful termination. I have other employess that will testimy to everything. Anybody else ever go through something like this? I did read alot today on here and thanks alot.
    Last edited by mike2153; 01-26-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: none

Default Re: Fired After Returning to Work

Mike,

Unfortunately Pa is a state that can fire at will, ask Tim Belt he's a Pa. lawyer. As far as them making comments, can you really count on those coworker testifing on your behalf as to what is being said about your wife, and calling you names? Rember they want to keep their jobs and if they do testify they might loose their's too. You can collect u/c since they let you go and the next time they make crude remarks about your wife say it's great but I've heard your momma's is good too!

Just rember stick and stones.

Nipper

Thanks Nipper i took those out. I know pa is a at will but there has to be something in retaliation, i was a good employee until i got hurt. Next thing i know im being fired and told good luck finding another job. And there firing me on a lie, 2 days after returning to work.

mike, Keep reading and educating yourself. Yes, get an attorney. Of course they are lying and you were fired for retaliation because you are now a liability to them. They are afraid you are going to cost them more money.
    They are all S.O.B.'s. Talk to a couple attorneys before you retain one, you can also interview them. Make sure you have an atty. that will CYA.

Quote Quoting InjuredGypsy View Post
    mike, Keep reading and educating yourself. Yes, get an attorney. Of course they are lying and you were fired for retaliation because you are now a liability to them. They are afraid you are going to cost them more money.
    They are all S.O.B.'s. Talk to a couple attorneys before you retain one, you can also interview them. Make sure you have an atty. that will CYA.
    Mike,
    Very good adivse from Gypsy, PM Timothy Belt, and see if he know's a lawyer in your area. We all were good employee's but I was told to resign also, but know I can collect u/c, this has no reflection on you it's the lousy er, and ic that do not want to risk you getting hurt again and if you do not have a lawyer you they might think they can get away with allot.

Take care and please get lawyer and keep us informed.

Nipper

Thanks for the info, i will Pm Tim Belt. And will interview a couple before choosing, just suprised how this works get hurt and we will make something up that everybody knows is bs and fire you.

Also received the Notice of Denial yesterday, weird after they sent me a check and notice of temp.

hi mike. am sorry to hear about this. i guess it isnt enough you have an injury, but now add this to go along with it. i also drive a truck, concrete truck, and i am expecting the same treatment as you recieved. keep posting how this works out, will pray for you and your family. have hear its hard to prove retaliation, as the employers word is usually taken, and as stated above the friends you have may be presured not to give their opinions. i hope you do everything to prove this and open some eyes to lawmakers and employers about treating injured workers in this way.

Even in at-will states, including Pennsylvania, you cannot legally be fired for being injured or filling a WC claim. See http://www.workcomppa.com/lawyer-attorney-1248524.html. (I believe the one exception is Montana.) Don't cave on your wrongful termination claim JUST because it's an at-will state.