Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Partial Finger Loss

Quote Quoting dickholland View Post
    RDS you are giving BOGUS info out, you need to really learn the system b4 you give advice , ya i guess you are on pain meds maybe to MUCH !
    Well, to be honest, I've yet to see you give a source for your legal advice.
    So what's the source for your info..links please.
    Oh, by the way, knock off attacking other members....final warning.
    Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

The loss of the entire first finger results in an award of 50 weeks of TTD benefits plus a 6 week healing period under Section 306(c) (10) of the PA Workers’ Compensation Act. Section 306 (c)(15) provides that, the loss of any substantial part of the first phalange of a finger, or an amputation immediately below the first phalange for the purpose of providing an optimum surgical result, shall be considered loss of one-half of the finger. Any greater loss shall be considered the loss of the entire finger. The loss of one-half of the finger shall be compensated at the rate of one-half of the benefit provided for the full finger under section 306 (c) (16) of the Act.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Again, sources aren't neccasary from reputable posters...
    Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Quote Quoting Timothy Belt View Post
    The loss of the entire first finger results in an award of 50 weeks of TTD benefits plus a 6 week healing period under Section 306(c) (10) of the PA Workers’ Compensation Act. Section 306 (c)(15) provides that, the loss of any substantial part of the first phalange of a finger, or an amputation immediately below the first phalange for the purpose of providing an optimum surgical result, shall be considered loss of one-half of the finger. Any greater loss shall be considered the loss of the entire finger. The loss of one-half of the finger shall be compensated at the rate of one-half of the benefit provided for the full finger under section 306 (c) (16) of the Act.
    Thanks Tim! I was able to find all of that, except for the part about the 6 week healing period. He returned to work after a week, and his employer was nice enough to pay him for the week he missed. Would this 6 week healing period still apply? (and just to make me feel better, where is that listed in the act?)

His WC company told him to have his doctor fill out a PPI. Would this be correct?

I sent you a PM.

Assuming this claim is in PA, I have no idea why a PPI would be required. The healing period may not apply in your case and it is located at 306 (c) (25).
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Hi.

I had a partial amputation on 11-15-07 ,i went thru a personal hell before it was resolved in my favor in court,you will be told many things by your company,including it's not our fault,we dont have to make up wage loss etc.,I spent 1/2 hour on the witness stand at my hearing answering questions from the company attorney,based on THEIR interpretation of my doctors report...it said "minimal use of the left hand until healing occurs" they believed that meant i could use it with no problem,my job involves adjusting running machinery with my hand in places i can't see,when i couldnt do that anymore i was accused of milking the injury to get out of working even though i never missed a day after coming back. Get an attorney involved now to protect yourself,they will probably ask you to sign papers,DONT !,it took a year to straighten out the mess that occured from putting my signature on a paper they told me i had to sign to get my specific loss payment.good luck !

joe