Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Percentage and Disability Rating

I got hurt at work,and i had to get a four corner fusion with a plate in my right wrist,which of course is my dominant hand and was wandering,as far as going back to work I'm not sure if i can do everything i used to,espesually heavy lifting,grabbing,grip strength,pinching,and squeezing.My DR says that that i have no nerve or tendon damage,and the bone has healed completely.I am experiencing pain in my wrist,fingers, and my hand.Now i know that i have lost all mobility in my wrist,i cannot move up and down and side to side.Could somebody give me any idea of what my percentage and disability rating should be.

Default Re: Percentage and Disability Rating

No. When you have reached MMI, your doctor will evaluate your condition and a rating will issue. If you disagree you can appeal that rating.

A disability/impairment rating is a medical determination... everyone would respond to an injury, and treatment/recovery very differently.
    If someone here said you are going to be rated 10% PD... you could be expecting way too much...or possibly would be rated at 50%... no two injuries or IW's are the same.

[QUOTE=beachbum622;108904]I got hurt at work,and i had to get a four corner fusion with a plate in my right wrist,which of course is my dominant hand and was wandering,as far as going back to work I'm not sure if i can do everything i used to,especially heavy lifting,grabbing,grip strength,pinching,and squeezing.My DR says that that i have no nerve or tendon damage,and the bone has healed completely.I am experiencing pain in my wrist,fingers, and my hand.Now i know that i have lost all mobility in my wrist,i cannot move up and down and side to side.Could somebody give me any idea of what my percentage and disability rating should be.Also if my Dr gives me a rating of 0 percent does that mean that i won't receive a settlement.

A 0% rating would not provide for indemnity...that would indicate there are no restrictions, and no residual permenant disability due to your injury.

I can't imagine however, that you have NO PD or impairment with hardware being installed the way you describe. The fact you had surgery on your hand would provide for some restrictions and therefore a % of PD.

I think I would challenge the rating your PTP has issued.
    Even the AMA guides provide for a standard 3% for 'pain'.

Thanks BVIA,i have 8 weeks until i see my DR,that's right after my scheduled FCE.