Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: Spinal Fusion

Default Spinal Fusion

Has anyone gone back to construction type work after a one level spinal fusion?:

Default Re: Spinal Fusion

I am in the trades as a building engineer, had a single level fusion 5-6-08 and cannot return to my trade. I have a permanenet lifting restriction of 35 lbs. max occasionaly.

I just had my first meeting with a vocational consultant on Tuesday.

I am thinking of getting into property management.

Quote Quoting EMM View Post
    I am in the trades as a building engineer, had a single level fusion 5-6-08 and cannot return to my trade. I have a permanenet lifting restriction of 35 lbs. max occasionaly.

I just had my first meeting with a vocational consultant on Tuesday.

I am thinking of getting into property management.
    well Iam not at that point yet, still doing pt this month. next month gonna do back to work conditioning. Don't now how thats gonna go. my back still hurts. had the fusion on 9-13-08. still need hydrocodein daily for pain. I no i will have permanent lifting restrictionas aswell...

The work conditioning is what really set me back. I started getting shooting nerve pain in my back. The the therapist stopped it, and that is when I did a FCE and got permanent restrictions.

What do you do for a living?

The work conditioning is what really set me back. I started getting shooting nerve pain in my back. The the therapist stopped it, and that is when I did a FCE and got permanent restrictions.

What do you do for a living?
    Work for small company. Local 9 IBEW. WE DO ALL underground utility installation..

Did your Dr. say whether or not you will be able to return to that type of work?

Did your Dr. say whether or not you will be able to return to that type of work?
    My doctor says i will not be able to return to that type of work... I really hope my employer wil take me back with some kind of position. But then again He won't even return my phone calls...... I don't know where i'll be able to make 38 an hour . i,ll have to see if wage differential will help......

injured back, I sent you a private message
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world...indeed...its the only thing that ever has - Author Margaret Mead

Quote Quoting injrd back 1970 View Post
    My doctor says i will not be able to return to that type of work... I really hope my employer wil take me back with some kind of position. But then again He won't even return my phone calls...... I don't know where i'll be able to make 38 an hour . i,ll have to see if wage differential will help......
    Don't you work for an electrical contractor? Would they have a light duty position for you?

My employer doesn't, you may just have to move on.

If you want to to talk more about what I have been going through, and what you will be probally going through (seems like we are in the same situation) PM me