Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Wisconsin Workers

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: Ime doctors

Default Ime doctors

Hello!! Hope someone can help and give me some good advice. Here is a short but simple sum up of my condition. I am 35 yr and was hurt at work in 4/01. I reinjured my foot in 2/07. As a year and a half passed I has found by 3 doctors to be permanent and totally disabled. I applied for SSDI and got it right away. I just received a letter from my attorney 2 weeks ago stating he sent in the Certification O f Readiness to madison for a hearing date. Now today I received a letter from the insurance companys lawyer sending me to a IME (Independent Medical Examiner). I was told these doctors can make you or break you. I was told they work for the insurance company. I am totally diabled and if he has a diffrent angle I am affraid I will lose what I have all coming to me. What gets me is this doctor is not a medical doctor but a Phychologist. I am so confused. Someone help me and let me know what to exspect at both the appointment and in the future.

Thanks tim

Default Re: Ime doctors

IME's can mean 2 things... either the doctor/IME is provided by the state medical unit, or the IME actually does ''work for'' the IC.

Either way, the ''independant' nature of the doctor is going to affect how he views your claim...and medical issues.

If your claim/body part is "ortho' your atty should be objecting to the use of a psychologist performing an IME evaluation. It should be a doctor of the same specialty of your injury/body part. But no one ever said there was any level of common sense in WC.

I am totally diabled and if he has a diffrent angle I am affraid I will lose what I have all coming to me.
    Keep in mind that your being 100% disabled under SSA rules, actually has no bearing on your comp claim. SSA has a much higher threashold vs comp, and uses a very different qualifying process and issues that qualify you for disability status.

Your comp claim uses only your medical evidence pertaining to the body part you claim is injured and the reason you cannot work.

There is no way for anyone to tell you what the future will hold. Once you have a report from this doctor, and any disputing opinions by your own doctors you claim will proceed to some kind of resolution.

It's difficult to tell what you might have coming to you... only you and your AA know the factors surrounding your case...and that is the basis for any outcome.

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    IME's can mean 2 things... either the doctor/IME is provided by the state medical unit, or the IME actually does ''work for'' the IC.

Either way, the ''independant' nature of the doctor is going to affect how he views your claim...and medical issues.

If your claim/body part is "ortho' your atty should be objecting to the use of a psychologist performing an IME evaluation. It should be a doctor of the same specialty of your injury/body part. But no one ever said there was any level of common sense in WC.

Keep in mind that your being 100% disabled under SSA rules, actually has no bearing on your comp claim. SSA has a much higher threashold vs comp, and uses a very different qualifying process and issues that qualify you for disability status.

Your comp claim uses only your medical evidence pertaining to the body part you claim is injured and the reason you cannot work.

There is no way for anyone to tell you what the future will hold. Once you have a report from this doctor, and any disputing opinions by your own doctors you claim will proceed to some kind of resolution.

It's difficult to tell what you might have coming to you... only you and your AA know the factors surrounding your case...and that is the basis for any outcome.

I believe they are sending me to a Phychologist IME is because mine put me at totally disabled as well as my pain management doctors. All 5 of my treating physicians put me at totally and permanently disabled. The letter my attorney sent with the appt letter was to watch out. They watch you from the parking lot to the office. How you move in the office and how you leave the office. Is this how its gonna be the rest of my damn life? No privacey?

I believe they are sending me to a Phychologist IME is because mine put me at totally disabled as well as my pain management doctors. All 5 of my treating physicians put me at totally and permanently disabled. The letter my attorney sent with the appt letter was to watch out. They watch you from the parking lot to the office. How you move in the office and how you leave the office. Is this how its gonna be the rest of my damn life? No privacey?