Texas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Texas Workers

• Texas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Texas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Happens After a FCE?

I went for my FCE this week. I called the Dr (the Dr. I have seen since day 1) to see if he had the report but of course he has not called. Today something came via certified mail from the adjuster -- the mail man of course just put the slip and did not knock on the door. What would they be mailing me ?

Default Re: What Happens After Fce?

The certified letter is the results of the FCE. It will tell you what your impairment rating is. It may also contain the info reguarding your IIBS payments.

Take Care

I would doubt a certified letter would be necessary for the FCE report... the IW would actually not know what the FCE numbers mean.

More likely to be a notice that your TTD benefits are ending, and an estimate of your rating has been done, and what the next steps are for your consideration...as well as what additional benefits you may be entitled to.

More information on what those benefits may be is here..http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/wc/employ....html#employee

Actually it ws a NOTICE OF DISPUTED ISSUE(s) AND REFUSAL TO PAY BENEFITS. It says they accept the injury of lumbar, thoracic and scervical sprain/strain. That they dispute that the injury extends to and includes C3-4 and C4-5 with mild right foraminal narrowing second to uncovertebral join hypertrophy and mild facet degenerative change from L2-3 and L4-5. Then it says that same info over and over again and they deny any medical benefits to it. They said there is no scientific facts that it is from work other than natural progression of a pre-existing conditon. I have never had a pre-existing condtion.

so what do I do now ?

File the dispute.

And, know that about 80% of the population has some pre exsisting condition attributable to 'DDD" or Degenerative Disk Disease', if they are over the age of about 25.

I said in your other post... in TX you have to show/prove that 51% of your injury/illness is directly due to your job duties... somethims hard to do.

You have to get your doctor to come up with the medical evidence to prove up your claim...otherwise, you use you personal health coverage to seek treatment.

That is how the WC system works.

If you don't have an attorney, now might be the time you may want to think about talking to one. Most attorney's don't really want to do anything before your cut off. Make sure you ask around to get a good one. You don't have to have any money up front. It wouldn't hurt to talk to one. They know all the tricks of the W/C system. But know this is very common for them to do. But BVIA is right, you need your own doctor to back your injury. Good Luck!

This week I noticed they did not send my check. Is that because the Dr. said there is nothing else medically he can do for me ?

Once you get a notice of dispute, your checks stop. It's now your move. It sounds alittle simple, but w/c is kinda like playing a game of checkers. (NOT HALF AS MUCH FUN)! But if you look at it that way, you may understand it better. They made their move. Now, their going to see what you are going to do. Thats why I said, it's probably a good time for you to get an attorney. It's you move. Good Luck!

so they are not going to give me the results from the FCE or anything unless I file the disbute ?

Send a certified letter to the insurance co. (that they sign for) Request a copy of all reports from doctors, all results from tests, FCE, etc.(keep a copy of the letter for your records) I don't know what the laws are in your state, but in MI, they have 15 days from the time they receive the letter. I would call an attorney, let him know what has been going on, and you've requested records from insurance co. Let him take it from there. Thats the best advise I can give. Good Luck!