Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Tennessee Workers

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Insurance Adjuster Wants to Talk

From what I understand my injury warrents a monetary award aside from any impairment rating award. Insurance adjuster wants to open a dialogue on this matter. I haven't looked for a lawyer yet, not knowing if I'll even need one in this matter. What questions should I ask. I'm not sure what to do right now, any suggestions sure would be helpful.

Default Re: Ia Wants to Talk

From what I understand my injury warrents a monetary award aside from any impairment rating award.
    What are you basing that on..?
    Do you have an impairment rating ?
    Did the doctor indicate there is need for additional/future medical treatment?

Have you read the TN WC site where the settlements are discussed...?
    Did you request the MIR process...?
    The CA is going to make you an offer to 'walk away', that is a C&R...it's basically 'new money', not based on anything particular... and releases the ER/IC from all additional liability to the injury.

As I recall you have a 0% rating... means no impairment due to the injury... this dialog is to entice you to drop the claim and move on.

Don't expect too much, nor the ability to do any negotiations that you think will result in a lump sum you will be happy with... this is pretty much it... they can just walk and leave the medical open...there will be a way to deny any additional treatment when you think it's time.

Quote Quoting Spleenless View Post
    From what I understand my injury warrents a monetary award aside from any impairment rating award. Insurance adjuster wants to open a dialogue on this matter. I haven't looked for a lawyer yet, not knowing if I'll even need one in this matter. What questions should I ask. I'm not sure what to do right now, any suggestions sure would be helpful.
    I don't think it's a matter of asking questions. You have done research on the possible effects of being without a spleen, correct? That's what I would bring up. But I'd wait until they explained to me what kind of monetary award they are talking about and if this award would be in addition to or replacement of an impairment rating award. I'd let them do all the talking and wait to see what they are thinking before I present anything.

beachgirl

Talking Re: Ia Wants to Talk

Thanks for the input. I'm not looking for any astronomical settlement on this and as for future medical I'm sure they will weasle out of that also. Isn't capitalism great.

Spleenless, Have you even spoke to a lawyer? Before you discuss anything with the IC after they come with an offer, I would speak with an attorney, it can't hurt. Good Luck

Default Re: Insurance Adjuster Wants to Talk

The best advice I can give you is to seek council before talking with any adjuster PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE.Talking with that adjuster could be the biggest mistake of your life(At least talk to an attorney first after all the annitial consultation is free).
    HL.....

Question Re: Insurance Adjuster Wants to Talk

I was offered $5000 to close out the medical from the Insurance Adjuster. No award for the injury as there was a 0 impairment rating.

What additional treatment are you anticipating?
    LOTS of spleens are removed every day in the United States... for all kinds of reasons. Unless you have other medical issues, there is virtually no reason for this issue to affect you in the future. If that were to be the case, the comp medical would not apply anyway.

If you accept the 5K, deposit in an interest bearing account, keep the settlement documents, and after you have exhausted that money on treatment to the injury, your own health coverage may pick up the treatment costs....so would Medicare if you are eligible.

Your other option may be to be sure there is no mention in the settlement language that refers to medical reimbursement for future medical.

Wink Re: Insurance Adjuster Wants to Talk

I'm not expecting nor anticipating any future complications from the splenectomy. The info the doctor gave me was short and sweet. He doesn't forsee any future complications. He said basically that I was in very good health. It has been 6 months now since the surgery and haven't had any complications. I'm taking special care now to make sure I don't get sick but it's not much of a change from my usual lifestyle. Still working for the same company, I think they're quite amazed how fast I bounced back and they have been very good to me throughout the entire healing process. So I thank God and everyone here for their help and support.

http://http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup...or-thalassemia
    Read this first and do a little reaserch.Dr.'s sometimes say what the IC's want them to.Understand you'll be more suseptable to infections amoung other complications.