Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default No Notice That TTD Benefits Are Being Stopped

Isn't it a law that the ic which pays you your ttd checks, send you a notice in your last check that these checks are being stoped? This has happend three times and now my aa is going back to a status call on the 12th of May. what should she be doing about this?
    Hurting

Default Re: No Notice That TTD Benefits Are Being Stopped

Quote Quoting hurting View Post
    Isn't it a law that the ic which pays you your ttd checks, send you a notice in your last check that these checks are being stoped? This has happend three times and now my aa is going back to a status call on the 12th of May. what should she be doing about this?
    Hurting

Exactly what she is doing. It isn't anyones fault that the IC you are dealing with keeps stopping your TTD. I believe she can ask for penalties but it is up to the arbitrator to order them.

beachgirl

Yes, they are suppose to send you a letter when stopping payments. It should also tell you "why". IME report, not work related, etc. The problem is not with your attorney. The problem is with the courts, they only give (in most cases) a slap on the hand to the IC. Sometimes not even that. The chances of them getting fined, is almost NONE. The whole system is very unfair, as we know. Take care
    Last edited by BeenThere; 05-08-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: misspelled

Thanks for the response's, My AA has petition for penalties against the worker's compensation inaurance carrier for their failure to pay my temporary disability benefits. I asked her to also ask for her AA fees, She is also getting teatimony of all the doctors, then the case will be noticed up and we will have a hearing before the Arbitrator . On May 12th, 2009 I am on the status call for that day. This was set before all this happened, what could she do on this status call if anything?
    Hurting

Thanks for the response's, My AA has petition for penalties against the worker's compensation inaurance carrier for their failure to pay my temporary disability benefits. I asked her to also ask for her AA fees, She is also getting teatimony of all the doctors, then the case will be noticed up and we will have a hearing before the Arbitrator . On May 12th, 2009 I am on the status call for that day. This was set before all this happened, what could she do on this status call if anything?
    Hurting

Not sure. Hopefully your AA will be able to address the TTD payments and penalties. Why aren't you asking this question of your attorney? Good communications with your WC attorney will make your case easier for you to get through.

beachgirl

I did ask my AA or I should say her secretary. I can't ever get to talk directly to the AA. Her secretary always says that she will give her my messages. I
    even have ask for her to set up a time for me to come in and sit down with the AA, I have been waiting now for the last month, for this. I am just not sure why I can't get this done. Her secretary keeps telling me that the AA knows about the messages which I have left. The secretary says that the AA has been busy getting the testimonies of the the doctors completed. She is saying that as soon as she can get the testimonies all done, then the case will be noticed up and we will have a hearing before the arbitrator. I have already gone a month with no money and I asked why she can't do something on May 12th,2009
    Thank You again for your response
    hurting

All I can tell you is what I would do. I would kindly tell the AA secretary that "No one is going without money, but you. So you would like VERY much if the attorney that is going to get paid for handling case, could take 5 min and explain what is going on in the case and what is the plan to get TTD reinstated. That you are stressed and need to know the plan, because it's your life. If you get her on the phone make it quick and to the point. (attorney's really are busy) but they should be able to take a couple min. to update the client. Good Luck and take care

Quote Quoting BeenThere View Post
    All I can tell you is what I would do. I would kindly tell the AA secretary that "No one is going without money, but you. So you would like VERY much if the attorney that is going to get paid for handling case, could take 5 min and explain what is going on in the case and what is the plan to get TTD reinstated. That you are stressed and need to know the plan, because it's your life. If you get her on the phone make it quick and to the point. (attorney's really are busy) but they should be able to take a couple min. to update the client. Good Luck and take care
    Excellent advice. Also let your AA know that you'd like a quick touch base, with her directly, with any activity on your case, ie; you go see an IME touch base, the IME report is sent to her touch base, etc. Bottom line she is going to be getting 20% of your settlement, the least she can do is keep you in the loop.

beachgirl

what is done at a status call? MY last one was 5/12/09 and I don't know what to ask the aa . Should the aa have some information about this. I did find out by going on the IWCC that the status is continued at arbitration. Should I ask her if my ttd benefits are going to continue? I am just not sure what information she should have from this.
    Thank You
    Hurting

what is done at a status call? MY last one was 5/12/09 and I don't know what to ask the aa . Should the aa have some information about this. I did find out by going on the IWCC that the status is continued at arbitration. Should I ask her if my ttd benefits are going to continue? I am just not sure what information she should have from this.
    Thank You
    Hurting

A great number of things can go on at a status call. Your attorney was at the one on May 12th and should know exactly what went on and you need to ask what happened.

If I were you I'd sart attending the staus calls, as that may give your AA the clue they need that you want to be informed at every twist and turn of your case.

And yes you need to ask your AA what is being done about your TTD benefits.

beachgirl