Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gallagher Bassett Insurance

anyone have any news regrading them??i was interested in settling today at my mediation hearing but GB didnt offer there attorney anything to work with soo he postponed the hearing...i guess the next step is a depostion witht here doctor??? how does a depostion proceed?? whats the point of them?? like any information you can give me about one...

Default Re: Gallagher Bassett Insurance.grrrrr

Quote Quoting PaInjWor View Post
    anyone have any news regrading them??i was interested in settling today at my mediation hearing but GB didnt offer there attorney anything to work with soo he postponed the hearing...i guess the next step is a depostion witht here doctor??? how does a depostion proceed?? whats the point of them?? like any information you can give me about one...

They will only go into deposition if both sides cannot work out a deal in mediation, they will give you a new court date.

Sorry again,

Nipper

do depostions usually help the case get settled??? like whats the point of one???

Depostions don't really have anything to do with a settlement.

Depos are held to develope the record. You are deposed at some point, if necessary, to offer your side of the injury/accident, what you can/can't do....how the injury affects your ability to work...all kinds of questions that may or may not be asked in a courtroom. The depo is taken under oath, with a court reporter.

Doctors can be deposed after they issue a report if one of the parties is looking to get the doctor to change his mind on something s/he as included in the report. eg. your rating, your need for additional treatment etc.

Generally medical professionals do not testify in a hearing/trial on your claim. Nor would a doctor be included in a mediation between the parties.

Develope the record is often referred to as ''discovery''... just means getting all the relevant information on the table...at least what the parties may feel is relevant. The deposition of an IW can also be used to discredit your future testimony... when you say ''I don't ever...." it can often come back to bite you if there is a sub rosa film showing you doing the very thing you say you can't.

what the heck is sub rosa??

Thumbs down Re: Gallagher Bassett Insurance.grrrrr

I've been to 3 hearings so far. Gallagher Bassett cut me off in the middle of a week while I was reveiving partial. Since then, I had another surgery. They knew about it and and their IME agreed that it was the best thing to do. They knew it was going to be done on the scheduled date. I haven't had a penny since last Christmas. The judge hasn't ordered them to pay me yet so they don't. They don't care about you at all. Their intention is to drive you broke so you go back to work and get off their books. My house is paid for and my wife makes just enough to keep us inelligible for welfare. I have another hearing coming up soon but, the doctor's deposition is after the hearing.
    Gallagher Bassett represents more than one insurance company. I think it's time to contact the governor and have his people make some rules.

Quote Quoting PaInjWor View Post
    what the heck is sub rosa??
    Video films of your activities taken w/o your knowledge... perfectly legal and used to develope the record.
    The Latin phrase sub rosa means "under the rose" and is used in English to denote secrecy or confidentiality,
    Generally IW's don't see the films. IF the defense/IC intends to use the films with an IME/medical legal evaluation, or at trial, you/atty must be provided a copy beforehand.

Gallagher Bassett represents more than one insurance company.
    This is a TPA/Third Party Administrator, they handle comp and other injury/insurance claims for legally self insured employers. As the ER is paying the bills... that is where GH orders are orginiating from. Not on individual IW generally, but on how the claims are handled.

i seen the report from the investigators it said they found nothing all they could see was my truck parked in the driveway (600ft driveway helps) it was a 3 day investigation, i just recieved the report they didnt find anything at all soo i'm glad the IC wasted there money...

That's all most of them see, but you never hear that in the news paper, only the ones at home building an addition to thier house.

Good for you, and hope all goes well.

Nipper

lol i agree its a joke