Georgia Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Georgia Workers

• Georgia Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Georgia Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Unhappy Does Anyone Know the FCE Percentage Ratings and the Payment Associated

I had an FCE rating of 8% from a microdiscectomy, but I just had a two-level spinal fusion surgery. My doctor informed me that I will never be able to lift more than 20 pounds (30 if I am VERY lucky). I still have to go to physical therapy, but what kind of FCE rating will I have if I can only lift 20 pounds for the rest of my life? I'm only 27 years old. Also, is there a chart anywhere that lets you know what your FCE lump sum payment will be based on your permanent disability percent?

Default Re: Does Anyone Know the FCE Percentage Ratings and the Payment Associated

you must be confusing FCE with impairment. FCE results are not used to calculate permanent disability payments.
    Georgia uses the 5th edition of AMA guides. ratings must be given by a physician.

Default Re: Does Anyone Know the FCE Percentage Ratings and the Payment Associated

I'm not confusing the FCE rating with the disability payments. I was wondering if anyone knows about what kind of FCE rating I should be getting if I can only lift 20 lbs. I had the microdiscectomy and got 8% permanently disabled from that which equated to between 5,000 & 6,000. I was just wondering if there is a chart somewhere that lets me know what it would be if I am say 25% disabled or 45% disabled, ect. I am not talking about the monthly or weekly benefits. Does that make any more sense?