Alabama Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Alabama Workers

• Alabama Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Alabama Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Settlement After Total Fusion Surgery

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Alabama
    Hello all, I need ya'lls advice I have an attorney and ive been hurt for 2 yrs.
    Had 2 back surgery's "Total fusion" and they say I cant work anymore for the rest of my life. My attorney and I have been through 2 depositions and fixin to have another with pain management doc. Court date is set for about 2mnths away. Was wondering is this a good thing that the opposing attorney hasnt even tried to settle yet. Or do they try to settle right before court. But its only 2mnths way. My lawyer says its open and shut case, so why in the heck has nothin been done on the other side.. I'm just not to smart about these things lol.. Im sitting here just wondering all the time and worring about this.. Can some1 please explain what might be going on.. And if its good for me.
    Tyall for yallstime and patience

Default Re: Waiting, is This Good

when in doubt follow the money.
    what's going on is fee generating legal work.
    once you understand that attys are paid by the hour then you know why the system is slow.

hey, its muddy: Wanted to add 1 more thing I havent been paid in 2 yrs too.
    They denied my claim right from the start, idiots lol. BUt for me i have no money for the last 2 yrs. Now i have rods and plates in my back haven to pay for it myself its hard.

You have an attorney, thats a good thing. Your attorney sounds like he has everything under control, thats another good thing. As far as a settlement and you only have 2 months, thats no big deal. My settlement was decided at court 10 mins before it was over. So as you see in workers comp. anything can happen at anytime. The best thing you can do is, ride it out and see what happens. I know it hard, but there is truly no answer to the "what will happen" question. It sounds like you've been dealing with this along time, lets hope you are coming to the end. The best to you and Good Luck!

Ty, very much. And ty for ur time on this matter, I have no 1 but an attorney to talk to so this is nice. And I pray everything is going well for u.

Hey Muddy,

I sure do love your accent. I'm from AL too. I come from Florence. My only advice is listen to your attorney.

Hey Muddy,
    What is the reason WC has not paid you in 2 years?

GEAUX LSU TIGERS! Alabama, home of Nick "Satan". LOL