California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Missed Medical Appointment

I missed my medical appointment, wasn't able to wake up with the pain. I did receive my first check for WC but now that i missed the appointment they denied further pay. what can i do??

Default Re: Missed Medical Appointment

I did receive my first check for WC but now that i missed the appointment they denied further pay. what can i do??
    In comp you must be seen/evaluated by your PTP evary 45 days/6 weeks for the doctor to certify your continuing TTD status. With out the PTP certification, the CA will stop those benefit checks until you are seen/evaluated.

It doesn't make sense for this action by the CA, but it's legal.
    You now must see the doctor, get the report to the CA as soon as possible..the Dr's office does this..not you personally. And the TTD due will come from the next regular benefit period.
    There is no 'unreasonable delay' so there won't be any self imposed penalty due.

If there is other dispute here besides the missed appt... you could have to inititate the dispute resolution process...labor code section 4062. That information should have been provided in the letter you received from the CA advising of the TTD being denied at this time. You did receive a letter/notice (?)

what can i do??

Get your appt rescheduled as soon as possible...if you haven't already.

reschedule the appointment.
    file for a hearing with a work comp judge.
    file for a penalty.

No hearing is necessary unless the TTD continues to be with held. And then only after aQME/AME evaluation to determine the TTD issue.

There is no penalty here, UNLESS there is an 'unreasonable delay' in paying the benefits. As it stands now, the CA is within the rights to stop TTD as there hasn't been a PTP certification the IW continues to be TTD.