Default Psychiatric Evaluation for Social Security - What to Expect

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of:Oklahoma Long story short.I began to see a physcologist of my choosing and paid for myself when I began having depression and anxiety.Now social security wants an evaluation by their doc since I disclosed I had been seeing one last year what should I expect.I continue to see my own phsyc I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I may never be able to work again and at times I feel like I am losing my mind and have thoughts about all this pain being ended once and for all can anyone tell me what to expect.I just dont know if I can deal with anymore bullshit right now.I dont think I am a nut Just in chronic pain and no sleep.

Default Re: Phsychiatric Evaluation Social Security What to Expect

You did the right thing by disclosing it to SS. But try not to get to upset over this. Just go with the flo right now. I can (along with many) understand how the pain and lack of sleep can cause alot of depression and anxiety. People that don't have it can't really understand in the same way. If you were having a problem coping with it, you did the right thing by going to talk to someone. That does not mean your nuts, by any means. It means you human. Just go to their doc and be honest with them, and take it from there. Don't second guess what may or may not happen. You will only stress yourself more. Take care and keep us posted.

Quote Quoting candyO View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of:Oklahoma Long story short.I began to see a physcologist of my choosing and paid for myself when I began having depression and anxiety.Now social security wants an evaluation by their doc since I disclosed I had been seeing one last year what should I expect.I continue to see my own phsyc I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I may never be able to work again and at times I feel like I am losing my mind and have thoughts about all this pain being ended once and for all can anyone tell me what to expect.I just dont know if I can deal with anymore bullshit right now.I dont think I am a nut Just in chronic pain and no sleep.
    I know exactly how you feel. I also suffer from chronic pain and severe depression. I did the same thing as you. I started seeing a psychiatric doctor during my WC case. I was to the point that I was ready to blow my brains out. I have been seeing that doctor for over three years and although they can't relieve my pain or help me sleep, it has helped me learn to deal with it a little better. I was just approved by SSD and all the past records from my psychiatrist was enough without having to go to thier doctor, but don't worry you will be fine. I wish you the best of luck.

I am also in the same boat! They are sending me to get a evaluation next week with a phsychiatric. I am depressed! I have not worked for two year now and half lower spine pain. Can't sleep the pain is just to much. Have had Radio Frecency on it, that didn't help. This is my second time appling for SSD. But my attorney is telling me that a decision will be made after this appointment. I truely wish I never fell at work, because my life has been a living hell since. I would rather be working! Good luck to you all.

thanks for all your encouragement I would rather be back to work.It really makes me mad that a doctor can take the hippocratic oath to harm no one but sine all this began some of the doctors have inflicted more emotional pain than I thought imaginable.Just yesterday I had a friend of mine drop off my long term disability insurance papers at my family doctor his sec called me back and said to take them to the surgeon.They cant seem to get it through their thick heads that I have hed 5 doctors for several surgeries all i need from my family doc is what dose of meds he prescribed what a damn hassel in the mean time neuro said go back to light duty a couple hours a day so went to do that and human resourses at my job said no way not until my cat scan reveals fusion in my neck is complete.I originally went to my phsyc because I couldnt do my job and I felt like I was robbing my employer because I needed so much help.Hell I dont know what to do except try to get my social security started until I can get better If that ever happens This post has taken me almost 2 hours to type Both hands surgery and contractures so hunt and peck i am trying to come to terms with the fact that i may never be able to work and that sucks daily living is a trial

candyO~~

Since you were seen by a psychologist/psychiatrist BEFORE all this happened, they are, no doubt, going to use this against you, and will probably conclude that you had psych problems already. This may be a sticky situation for you. Do you have a Lawyer involved in your case? If so, this is something I'd have them help you iron out. These people are slimy in trying to find loopholes to disqualify people for benefits. Best wishes.

BHN

I just had a psychologist appt for ssdi, I had a phsychiatric one done over a year ago.
    Dont know what all this means- I have a neck injury and a shoulder and arm injury. In fact my shoulder injury was done 4 days after my eval.
    Never got a report from phsychiatrist and psychologist said he wouldnt send me one either.
    I was waiting for a hearing from an alj judge for 15 months and got a dr appt.
    dont know what is going on now but I went . The psychologist said it was the first time he ever gave this type of test. That didnt make me feel good at all.
    To me it looks like social security is like workers comp.
    delay, deny, delay deny.
    My attorney advised me to let the dr know everything I was going thru-\
    the dr said he wasnt interested and just asked me to make shapes,
    memorize thing, do some math problems.
    He was reading the instructions for his own benefit and trying to figure the test out while I was doing it which is why I asked him if he ever did this before.
    If I was part of the human race again I would never pick a dr like this to see.
    To me he isn't qualified enough to make decisions like this.
    I guess ssdi picks from the bottom of the barrel..

Default Re: Psychiatric Evaluation for Social Security - What to Expect

queenbee~~

If you have a Lawyer involved, HE can request copies of your eval from SS. The doc doesn't have to give them directly to you, as SS is the one paying for it. You are entitled to ALL reports from any docs involving your case. Write a letter to SS requesting the copies formally. They have to give them to you, it's covered under "Patient's Rights".

SS or WC are looking for docs to give them reports slanted in THEIR favor! You have the right to seek an Independent doctor to eval yourself. Yes, you may have to pay for it out-of-pocket, but they will have to acknowledge it as part of your proof. I don't understand about your Lawyer, he should have gone over all of this with you. If you don't feel he's doing a good job for you, fire him and get another.

TC