California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default RSD and Workers Comp

Has anyone been diagnoised with RSD and dealing with WC?

Default Re: Rsd

LOTS and LOTS of IW on these boards are dealing with this issue...

What is your question/concern at this point ?

I have RSD/CRPS. What do you need to know.

Sorry to hear you have it, let me be first to tell you. Prepare yourself to go through living HELLLLLLLLLLL.

Sorry, just want to prepare you.
    Last edited by Dolphins; 06-15-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Hi

I also have RSD ... its a nightmare

Sorry ...but you have to not only deal with this monster pain but people that dont understand. I never received anything from WC since my employer failed to have the insurance. And yes, we have been in a legal battle for over 2 1/2 years ... THATS how much RSD is fought .. welllllllll that and more.

I wish I could give you hope and encouragement .. but I cant

Sorry

Bosco

You are absolutely right that its a living hell!!! Although it is a bit comforting to know that there is people that is understanding of this disease that it is not "in my head" I guess my question is, is it normal for WC to drag their feet at that proceeder's that is needed even though I am on the verge of loosing my job from not being able to walk some days. This has been going on for over a year and it is SO frustrating.

I guess my question is, is it normal for WC to drag their feet at that proceeder's that is needed
    Unless you have convinced the ER/IC to accept compensability for the condition/RSD, they are unlikely to provide treatment/procedures necessary to relieve your pain.

RSD treatment is very expensive, long term in nature, and of course there is no 'cure'.

Diagnosis is difficult at times....and lots of doctors don't want to deal with this...a pain management facility is the place you sould be referred.

It is important that your RSD is fully accepted as a compensable consequence to your org injury. The RSD needs to be included in your claim so it's included in your final WPI/PD rating.

Info on RSD is available as www.rsds.org

Default Re: RSD and Workers Comp

I wish I could help you also, but I am having some really bad day's myself lately, and I've had it since 04. When I start feeeling better, I will be glad to talk with you.

Quote Quoting mrswillie View Post
    You are absolutely right that its a living hell!!! Although it is a bit comforting to know that there is people that is understanding of this disease that it is not "in my head"

Hi MrsWillie,

It is very comforting to know there are others who are experiencing some if not all of the things you are going through on a daily basis isn't it?
    I think it is horrible that there are some physician's who make people feel as if it is
    "All In Your Head"!! That's why I am so grateful for these forums and the ever growing support groups that are out there....It's Awesome!!

Make It An Amazing Day....Every Day!

~Be Blessed~

Quote Quoting Dolphins View Post
    I wish I could help you also, but I am having some really bad day's myself lately, and I've had it since 04. When I start feeeling better, I will be glad to talk with you.

Dolphins
    Wishing you many days of feeling fabulously better!

~Be Blessed & Well~
    Living Life & Loving It - In Spite Of Chronic Pain From RSD.
    http://www.rsdcoach.com

Hello,

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) similar to fibromyalgia, myofasial pain syndrome, or chronic pain syndrome?

Regards,

Quote Quoting In pain in Cali View Post
    Hello,

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) similar to fibromyalgia, myofasial pain syndrome, or chronic pain syndrome?

Regards,

Yes RSD/CRPS is similar to those....only worse. It is rated the most severe pain, even above cancer pain on the McGill Pain Scale. Crazy thing is that of those of us who have RSD/CRPS will become diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue and a whole host of other ailments. I believe that is because RSD/CRPS takes so much from your body (muscles, bones, & nervous system) which causes your resistance to be reluctant to fight anything off.

As an example here is the list of diagnosis I have acquired:

RSD in left leg & ankle in 2003
    Full Body RSD in 2006
    Fibromyalgia in 2006
    Osteoporosis in 2006
    Onset of MS in 2007
    Osteoarthritis in both knees in 2008
    And something they are trying to figure out that causes me to have falling spells for absolutely no reason.

Incredible list isn't it? But they are ALL wonderful blessings in my life!! One day, hopefully, everyone will feel the same way!

Hope that helped you some, and sorry for going off subject a bit there.

~Be Blessed~
    Living Life & Loving It - In Spite Of Chronic Pain From RSD.
    http://www.rsdcoach.com