Georgia Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Georgia Workers

• Georgia Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Georgia Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Question Has Anyone Settled a WC Case After Having a Spinal Fusion Surgery

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has settled after having a spinal fusion of any sort. I have asked my attorney's office to give me rough numbers of what I might expect as far as a settlement goes, but they just tell me every case is different. I have tried to use the LexisNexis website, but I am still not understanding how/where to do any calculations. I have not had my FCE rating from this surgery yet ( I am still in physical therapy), but I have a prior FCE rating of 8% from a microdiscectomy. My post-op MRI shows all the wear-and-tear, arthropathy and other "mild" issues having to do with having an injured spine, but I'm only 27 years old (I have been at this this I was 22). I had the fusion because I was hoping to get a "normal" life back, but with the severe nerve pain I still have, I am not sure if that will be possible. I am going to try to wait it out, but I know as soon as I have my next FCE WC will try to push (yet another) a settlement on me. I was wondering if there is a way to figure out what the lowest amounts I should accept are b/c we all know they will offer below that! Thank you so much for any and all help you can provide!

Default Re: Has Anyone Settled a WC Case After Having a Spinal Fusion Surgery

The info the AA office is giving you is accurate.. ALL claims are different...there are no norms or min/max award and you can't get a grasp of your award until you have reached MMI and been rated for impairment.

You can get info on rules of the court and system here...http://sbwc.georgia.gov/vgn/images/p...6Rules2007.pdf No 263 pg 64 helps with Disability Ratings.

More FAQ's are here http://sbwc.georgia.gov/00/channel_m...749189,00.html

Default Re: Has Anyone Settled a WC Case After Having a Spinal Fusion Surgery

I will check those out, thank you!