Georgia Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Georgia Workers

• Georgia Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Georgia Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Question Has Anyone Settled a WC Case After Having a Spinal Fusion Surgery

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has settled after having a spinal fusion of any sort. I have asked my attorney's office to give me rough numbers of what I might expect as far as a settlement goes, but they just tell me every case is different. I have tried to use the LexisNexis website, but I am still not understanding how/where to do any calculations. I have not had my FCE rating from this surgery yet ( I am still in physical therapy), but I have a prior FCE rating of 8% from a microdiscectomy. My post-op MRI shows all the wear-and-tear, arthropathy and other "mild" issues having to do with having an injured spine, but I'm only 27 years old (I have been at this this I was 22). I had the fusion because I was hoping to get a "normal" life back, but with the severe nerve pain I still have, I am not sure if that will be possible. I am going to try to wait it out, but I know as soon as I have my next FCE WC will try to push (yet another) a settlement on me. I was wondering if there is a way to figure out what the lowest amounts I should accept are b/c we all know they will offer below that! Thank you so much for any and all help you can provide!

Default Re: Has Anyone Settled a WC Case After Having a Spinal Fusion Surgery

The info the AA office is giving you is accurate.. ALL claims are different...there are no norms or min/max award and you can't get a grasp of your award until you have reached MMI and been rated for impairment.

You can get info on rules of the court and system here... No 263 pg 64 helps with Disability Ratings.

More FAQ's are here,00.html

Default Re: Has Anyone Settled a WC Case After Having a Spinal Fusion Surgery

I will check those out, thank you!