South Carolina Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured South Carolina Workers

• South Carolina Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• South Carolina Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default WC Doctor Released Me, Now What

My claim was made in the state of: South Carolina
    Quick history. Got injured in 10/08 while assisting pt on transportation vehicle. The pt. fell on me and we both hit the cement. I had anterior discetomy and fusion with the hardware 2 levels. I also have 2 disc that are messed up in my back. WC dr. released me on yesterday. He stated that he knows I am still in pain but he doesn't see the need of doing surgery on my back because he doesn't believe it will help. I was told that I was unable to return to work. He also stated that I would need to go to my primary dr. for pain meds. So could someone tell me what happens now. My att is on vacation. I am just confused.

Default Re: WC Doctor Released Me, Now What

sounds like you did have surgery.
    "After the doctor releases you to return to work with or without restrictions, within 150 days of notification of the accident, you should receive two copies of Form 15 with Section II completed indicating that compensation has been stopped and for what reasons.

If the insurance carrier stops your compensation, and if you disagree, complete Section III of the Form 15 and send it to the Commission’s Judicial Department. This is your way to request a hearing to be held in sixty days.

If the Doctor releases you to return to work after the 150-day notification period, your employer or insurance representative will ask you to sign a Form 17, (receipt of compensation ) after you have been back to work for fifteen days."

http://www.wcc.sc.gov/CmsPortal/AgencyPostingTemplate.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODE GUID={B0164A18-10C7-4BEE-9A40-3246B7BCF3BE}&NRORIGINALURL=/Welcome+and+Overview/faqs/&NRCACHEHINT=NoModifyGuest#inj_term

Thanks for the reply.
    I only had surgery on my neck.But I have 2 disc that is messed up in my back. Question he stated that I am unable to return to work so now what. where does that FCE,or mmi and all that stuff come in at.sorry to be annoying but i just don't know.
    Last edited by scpain; 07-03-2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: needed to add something else

if the doctor released you then they'll probably send in their report indicating you are at maximum medical improvement. at that points it's up to the carrier to request a rating or functional capacity exam or both.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    maximum medical improvement..... functional capacity exam
    maximum medical improvement ..... MMI

functional capacity exam ..... FCE