Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default My Attorney Ruined My Case

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: KY
    Even though all 3 docs & the ALJ said I was hurt @ Home Depot, the ALJ says I do not have an injury. The judge based his decision on a 2 yr old MRI (that says I have an effusion) & a doc for Home Depot that sat in a chair & asked questions. This man knew nothing about my knee. The MRI shows I have an effusion (water on the knee due to a blow to the knee, that will never go away) & the judge ignored it. My lawyer called NO witnesses for me. This man just wanted a check from me. I repeatedly told my lawyer I wanted to appeal to buy me more time to get a new MRI. He would not do it. Now I am SOL. I am stuck with all the medical bills. The Commissioner of KY says to bad, it happens. I do believe I can reopen after a yr but now the lawyer that screwed me over wants $800 + . This lawyer wants me to pay him mileage & parking (he walks 2 blocks to the 'court'). He didn't get my money from Home Depot for my mileage to their docs. Evidently he didn't get his lawyer fees from Home Depot. I am still trying to find out if he even filed for them. I am seriously thinking of filing an ethics complaint against this so called lawyer. I have learned workers compensation (atleast in Kentucky) is a big JOKE! It takes a tole on your emotions & your wallet then the big company wins. Thanks for listening.

Default Re: My Atty Ruined My Case

Quote Quoting DestroyedMyLife View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: KY
    Even though all 3 docs & the ALJ said I was hurt @ Home Depot, the ALJ says I do not have an injury. The judge based his decision on a 2 yr old MRI (that says I have an effusion) & a doc for Home Depot that sat in a chair & asked questions. This man knew nothing about my knee. The MRI shows I have an effusion (water on the knee due to a blow to the knee, that will never go away) & the judge ignored it. My lawyer called NO witnesses for me. This man just wanted a check from me. I repeatedly told my lawyer I wanted to appeal to buy me more time to get a new MRI. He would not do it. Now I am SOL. I am stuck with all the medical bills. The Commissioner of KY says to bad, it happens. I do believe I can reopen after a yr but now the lawyer that screwed me over wants $800 + . This lawyer wants me to pay him mileage & parking (he walks 2 blocks to the 'court'). He didn't get my money from Home Depot for my mileage to their docs. Evidently he didn't get his lawyer fees from Home Depot. I am still trying to find out if he even filed for them. I am seriously thinking of filing an ethics complaint against this so called lawyer. I have learned workers compensation (atleast in Kentucky) is a big JOKE! It takes a tole on your emotions & your wallet then the big company wins. Thanks for listening.

No problem. You have been to court and the gavel has been sounded. Sorry you feel you were screwed. Many IW do not realize that WC will not make them rich. Sometimes we learn the hard way. It is a corrupt system in many ways from both sides.

Quote Quoting smackman View Post
    [/U][/B]

Many IW do not realize that WC will not make them rich. Sometimes we learn the hard way.
    I must've missed it. Where in her post did this woman mention wanting to get rich?

Quote Quoting disappearingboy View Post
    I must've missed it. Where in her post did this woman mention wanting to get rich?
    I am Psychic.
    Let me rephrase what I said. Many IW feel they should get more that what there state statute allows.
    I read more disappointments about how little was recieved monetary and medical but most amounts recieved are predetemined in most states.
    When you go to court, you run the risk of getting less instead of more but its a risk one has a choice to make and then has to accept the outcome or possibly appeal.

Understand your Attorney's fee "possibilities". Most Attorney's will "gut" you in every way allowed by law

Smackman, you have NO clue, you are just a smartazz. My leg will be messed up for the rest of my life & you think it is funny? Yes, I wanted Home Depot to pay my medical bills but no, I get all the bills. I want to warn people what Home Depot is. They are so used to lawsuits, this is just another one in their file cabinet. Get rich? no but deserve something, yes. If I would have called OSHA this never would have happened. Learn the hard way. The managers would not allow other workers to help me is why this happened. BTW, their installs are a rip off too

Quote Quoting DestroyedMyLife View Post
    Smackman, you have NO clue, you are just a smartazz. My leg will be messed up for the rest of my life & you think it is funny? Yes, I wanted Home Depot to pay my medical bills but no, I get all the bills. I want to warn people what Home Depot is. They are so used to lawsuits, this is just another one in their file cabinet. Get rich? no but deserve something, yes. If I would have called OSHA this never would have happened. Learn the hard way. The managers would not allow other workers to help me is why this happened. BTW, their installs are a rip off too
    I said nothing thats not true. You went to Court and lost. I am sorry for this but the Judge felt you had no case.
    You leave a lot out of your opening statement.
    How and where did you get hurt?
    Did you file a WC Claim immediately?
    They said you have a pre-existing condition; Do you?
    Sometimes it hard to read between the lines.

Suing WC in a state is generally always a failure due to a "umbrella" called No Cause of Action. Your Attorney must not be very sharp on WC issues. I lost a suit in my state against WC so I learned the hard way also.

I am sorry you have been screwed. In realty, you lost your case in court.

I am a smartazz? Thank you and God Bless.

Actually, I am just keeping it real. Life will go on.

I was injured at Home Depot in Connecticut. I have been through 3 attorneys. Currently, I am not being represented by one. I have a representative that is working in my behalf right now. It is bad enough to be injured at work, then have to pay a &%^%$$ attorney who is actually on the other side!!! They act like brothers. I have filed a grievance against one of the attorneys that represented me, in fact, another attorney tells me he can be sued for legal malpractice. I am no trouble maker, but after what I have been through--hey--I'd like to make an example of this crook.

Filing complaints can be very empowering. The grievance committee is the first avenue, then, check on the judicial website for your area, there is also a group there for you to file another complaint to get money back that you lost as a result of any "mistake" oops! that they made....

Some people think they are being funny, with smart ass comments against others on this board... but the reality is there is nothing smart about the comments that are being made, and they are just being an ass.

Destroyedmylife, I am sorry for what you have been through...

Home Depots installs (from out side companies) are a rip off and do suck! I know, they did my kitchen and bathroom floors.
    Last edited by kelly38; 07-18-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Quoting smackman View Post

I am a smartazz? Thank you and God Bless.

Actually, I am just keeping it real. Life will go on.

Smackman, Being the "King of Smack" Has a place and time, You make me laugh somtimes but please don't just read what she has typed in her post, read her name.

She doesn't need "smack" right now.

RDS

Dang; Taking a tongue lashing 3 days after the fact?
    I apologize I come off so cruel; It is not my intentions but I am not going to sugar coat my post.
    This post was under Legal Issues; The truth is this person lost in a court of law; I assume a crooked court right?
    They can appeal and probably be furthur in debt.
    Anytime anyone loses, they are out of money and feel screwed but in realty they lost there case.
    I guess we could all give up on life and continue the blame game.
    I had had enough "pity paty parties" myself and you know what? It did not change anything.

I admit,we do not know the whole story.
    I ask several questions which were never responded to.
    Simple WC Questions to try and understand what happened to see if we could help.
    Maybe we all need to know a little more background before we point the finger of accusing someone of being a smart ass.