South Carolina Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured South Carolina Workers

• South Carolina Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• South Carolina Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: Neck Problems

Default Neck Problems

I have a neck injury due to work. I had a car wreck six months before this happened. I tried to talk to my boss about it, and he said there is no way it happened at work, it happened in the wreck I had. I didn't file it but now I have to have surgery on my neck, I got a disc pushing on my spinal chord. Well I finally decided to check a mri I had done after my wreck and before my work injury, and it came back normal which means I done it that day at work like I thought! How do I go about this? I have the proof and co-workers to back it up.

Default Re: Neck Problems

I'm not an attorney, so don't take this as gospel. I am an HR Professional. First, when did you hurt it at work and when did you report it to your boss? Secondly, if it has been more than 90 days, you most likely will need to retain an attorney to assist you in filing this. They will take thirty three and a third of your settlement. That is the least you will get away with. DON'T use the flashy attorneys on T.V. or just any random attorney in the phone book. DO, find a local attorney in your County that has a proven track record of wins and has a strong repore with the Workers Comp Commission. If you live in the Columbia area, I can certainly recommend a few good ones. I hope this helps you. Good luck on your recovery. I have had cervical spine and lumbar spinal fusions. I have 6 rods, 12 screws and a plate. It's a beast, but it will benefit you in the long run. Don't allow an orthapedic physician to cut on your spine. You need a neurosurgeon. They cut through your nerves to get to your spine, one wrong cut and you will have permanent damage. Just be safe and get a second opinion from a neurosurgeon if you are currently seeking treatment through orthopedics.