Maryland Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Maryland Workers

• Maryland Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Maryland Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Functional Capacity Exam

I am scheduled for a FCE in 3 days, for my back injury.

My bending, twisting, turning is terrible with a 75% decrease, than normal.
    What ever they ask me to do I will try, suppose I cant finish, or in pain for the next exercise, will this be a negitive?

I have just been informed that this FCE counts in the settlement process.

This company is from the IC, will they treat me fairly?

Should I wear my back brace during the exam?

Do they wire your performance for maximum production?

Default Re: Functional Capicity Exam

jay do you have a lawyer ? they should beable to answer these questions.
    as far as the test the only thing you can do is your best. if you dr says your required to were your brace during daily activities then yes i would were your brace for the F.C.E
    good luck

SuzieQ73

Yes, thank you I have an attorney. Those that had experience FCE and its proceedure would be very helpful.

I have gone through my FCE but not for a back injury. I suffered a 30+ft fall at work with a traumatic brain injury and multiple orthopedic injuries namely a broken right thigh, left hip and the head or ball of the thigh bone on my left side and a pretty broken up right hand. I have been told by many people that I am one lucky SOB to be at the point I am today which is walking with strength issues and discomfort/deep tissue aches in my hips and thighs. My FCE location was changed from where the IC wanted me to take it from suggestions from my voc rehab counselor. Yeah it seemed pretty darn fishy to me. Really the FCE is just a judgement call for what type of work and limitations you would have to follow now. The FCE really doesnt have much to do with your settlement because the FCE can be held before you are truly considered MMI(maximum medical improvement). Once you are declared MMI you will go see a doctor for the IC and your attorney will probably pick at least one or two so you can be assigned a disability rating. Thats were the settlement information will be based off of. Yeah I'm new to this whole process of crap myself this is everything I have found out on my own or that my attorney has told me. Having an attorney is a very good thing. I didn't like the idea at first figuring I could look most of it up and figure it out on my own, I didn't want to be one of those people that get that lawyer so that they can somehow get a large sum ofr money like that woman several years back that got burnt with the mcdonalds coffee because she said that she wasn't told it was hot so she was holding it between her legs, I think she won like a million. But us people that get hurt at work of no fault of our own end up almost to the point of homelessness especially in today's economy while others that are just plain idoits walk out of a court with enough money to truly never have to worry again unless they go get flamboyant.

McFacts about the McDonalds Coffee Lawsuit http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

Default Re: Functional Capacity Exam

BvIA okay so they served coffee 20 degrees warmer then most places with the extent of injuries that 20 degrees especially to those body parts affected wouldn't have made that much diffrence. The policy for the tempature was probably put into effect after 100's of complaints about the coffee being too cold. But what about those employers like my own that do not provide the saftey training or equipment for those of us in the construction trade working in potentially unsafe conditions for example 30+ feet in the air. Yeah we have workers comp but live off that for any extended period of time and see where that gets you. OSHA can fine them if the violation is observed and caught but as an individual you are pretty much screwed.

Thank you all for the Mcdonalds coffee expo, my question is more in line with FCE, the proceess, do they differ, how much measureable pain should I expect.

By the way thank you for the Mcdonalds info, I truly was not aware.

Sorry about throwing that bit of stuff in there it just bugs me so much how idots can walk away with money when a person that was just doing there job doesn't. As for the FCE, at least mine wasn't that bad. They just had me do a couple movements so they could see how I was able to move and if I showed pain or discomfort during them, and then took some measurements to force I could exert. with my injury being hip and lower extremeties not my back it will be very diffrent for you then me.