Nevada Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Nevada Workers

• Nevada Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Nevada Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Post Settlement in Nevada

I settled my case in 2008, for future pain managment and vacational training,the case was 35% whole person. I received a offer from the insurance company signed from me acepting the offer. The paper was signed by both parties. The letter said both parties have 30 days to change their mind or accept.. I received a check for $79,000 and a letter saying go to my pain doctor and to vacational training...i finished vacational training and chose to cash out do to injuries, had my pain doctor requested a surgery
    for pain control 45 days after settlerment..2 days before i was ti receive my cash out on vacational training my employer hired a private investigator , who followed me for 4 days and got 8 minutes of video tape on me walking in a store, please note i never ran,bended,lifted,crawled, etc in this video.. My question would be in the state of nevada dont they only have 30 days after settling to contest , and now my rsd shoulder,back has'not been treated for 1 year..it took them 79 days after settelment to hire a private investegator. They also sent my file to a doctor who favored them. To stop my pain management and vac rehab cash out, my lawyer sent me to this doctor ans he recanted and wrote me 2 prescripsions for pain, since then the employer sent my file to 2 more doctors to go against his first one please help

Default Re: Settlement Nevada

if you don't trust your atty to do what's best for your claim you can switch at any time. there will be a single fee share among them.

Not sure what you are asking for help on...(?)
    Your attorney is appearantly handling this for you... take his lead and advise.
    You say you agreed to the cash settlement... and completed the VR...
    What are you looking to happen here ?
    my lawyer sent me to this doctor ans he recanted and wrote me 2 prescripsions for pain,
    "recanted''... recanted what? That means he changed his mind on something...

You have a lot going on in your case. Based upon our own personal experience, and what we have seen take place in other cases over the last 10 years, you do need to follow the directions being given by your legal representative. You need to communicate with them on a regular basis about what is going on.

This type of conduct by the employer or insurer is typical of the type of conduct that can be expected here in Nevada based upon the very "Commerce" friendly environment. Injured workers in "Contested Cases" are given no room for error in the eyes of the employer or insurer. Employers and Insurers will take every opportunity they find available to raise the issue of Fraud, all in an effort to exert extreme control over the claimant and place pressure upon receiving the benefits paid out to them. I describe this type of abusive conduct as representing the elements and the creation of a "Hostile Workplace Environment" for the proper filing and administration of lawful workplace injury claims. They use this type of abusive conduct to once again force claimants into a "Settlement for Less" and thus reduce the employers overall cost of workplace injury. It has become the perfect environment for this form of "White Collar Crime" in the War of Profits over People.

The issues with the doctors are simply another part of the struggle that most all claimants run into. Doctors, "On the List" are all to often driven by the direction of the Claim Administrator who has the role to get the treatment and benefits "Cut Off." This is the sick game they play with Health Care Delivery to many Injured Workers. Doctors know that if they want to keep their name on the "Referral List," they must play ball with the wishes of their "Pay Masters," the Insurer, or they will be the ones to get their access to fees, "Cut Off!" Medical Opinion for Profit is a big game in Nevada. A full review of the many medical treatment and services delivery issues within the Clark County area will provide a signal of a system faced with serious issues of compromise. Injured workers are the low hanging fruit within this abusive process and their claim experience should be monitored as a tool to expose abusive conduct within this Failed Health Care Delivery Scheme.

Between the abusive conduct of these employers and insurers and the actions by our local "Cut Off" doctors, injured workers become basic pawns within this big game of "Cost Containment" focused at injured workers.

Your experience in this matter is important, and so is how you conduct your daily life activities, as you have already seen. You need to communicate with your legal representative on a regular basis. You need to also know who your elected officials are in State Government. They are the ones that are responsible for the laws and the environment you are now forced to face after your workplace injury. Contact your Assembly person and State Senator. If you would like assistance with this, feel free to follow up and we will attempt to assist.

Craig Michie
    NvVIAW@aol.com

Quote Quoting pkr1966 View Post
    I settled my case in 2008, for future pain managment and vacational training,the case was 35% whole person. I received a offer from the insurance company signed from me acepting the offer. The paper was signed by both parties. The letter said both parties have 30 days to change their mind or accept.. I received a check for $79,000 and a letter saying go to my pain doctor and to vacational training...i finished vacational training and chose to cash out do to injuries had my pain doctor requested a surgery
    for pain control 45 days after settlerment..2 days before i was ti receive my cash out on vacational training my employer hired a private investigator , who followed me for 4 days and got 8 minutes of video tape on me walking in a store, please note i never ran,bended,lifted,crawled, etc in this video.. My question would be in the state of nevada dont they only have 30 days after settling to contest , and now my rsd shoulder,back has'not been treated for 1 year..it took them 79 days after settelment to hire a private investegator. They also sent my file to a doctor who favored them. To stop my pain management and vac rehab cash out, my lawyer sent me to this doctor ans he recanted and wrote me 2 prescripsions for pain, since then the employer sent my file to 2 more doctors to go against his first one please help
    What exactly do you mean by cashing out on vocational rehab???