Default Fraud on My Medicare Set Aside Account

I have a WCMSA. I have my money in a separate checking account in my bank. Yesterday I was notified by my bank Chase that someone charged over $2100.00 to my debit card that is linked to my medicare set aside checking account to pay for a hotel room in France. I have no idea how anyone could have stolen this number because I only use the card at Sam's Club Pharmacy once a month for my drugs and this past friday I paid my pain doctor's bill online with my debit card. The doctor's site is suppose to be secure for online bill paying. Those are the only 2 transactions I do monthly and the card is always in my hand when I am making a purchase. I filed a fraud claim with my bank today to get a credit back for my money. What would happen in a case like mine if someone stole all the money in a WCMSA. Would I be liable to CMS or medicare for all this money?

Default Re: Fraud on My Medicare Set Aside Account

i hate to tell you this they can do anything they want todo.

I suspect if it's a self-directed a trust account then you're responsible. if it's controlled by a third party they would have some to of the liability if it's mishandled. that's more of a legal question.

I think the bank is responsible. They should replace the money.

Might want to get your scripts filled somewhere else in the future. That is probably where your info was stolen. Unless your doc's secretary just got back from a trip to Paris.

We had a problem like that at a car service place. Someone there who had our keys stole the "Speedpass" info off the keychain with a little hand held device that scans those electronic strips and they used it to buy gas and beer at convenience stores.

Ask the bank to issue you a new debit card too.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

My bank provides a protection plan for my debit card.

Might check with your bank.

My bank canceled my debit card the same day and reissued me a new one. They also had me fill out a fraud claim form and gave me credit within 24 hours for the almost $2300.00 that someone used in Paris France to pay for a hotel room. I read last week where they arrested two guys for scamming people with credit cards. They would sit in the parking lots of big box stores and get into the computer system via WIFI and be able to hack into the main frame computer of the store and steal the credit card numbers. I was at Sam's Club and that may be what happened to me.

For the record.
    In cases of fraud or illegal seizures (bill collectors, garnishments, ect) of WCMSA funds.
    Report the incident to medicare, they will pursue the offenders.
    If your complaint is legit, no they will not hold you responsible.
    Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm