North Carolina Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured North Carolina Workers

• North Carolina Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• North Carolina Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Benefits Before Settlement Hearing

I am very close to getting an mmi rating. my doctors appt. is this month but my settlement hearing is 3 months away. My question is this, if the doc gives me an mmi and releases me before my settlement hearing will they still pay me my weekly benefits until the hearing?

Default Re: Help

You will get your weekly checks until you settle or you go back to work. Do you have a lawyer? You are entitled to a second opinion on your MMI rating. Good luck to you.

Quote Quoting shawnw315 View Post
    I am very close to getting an mmi rating. my doctors appt. is this month but my settlement hearing is 3 months away. My question is this, if the doc gives me an mmi and releases me before my settlement hearing will they still pay me my weekly benefits until the hearing?
    If you get released to go back to work in NC with restrictions your TTD continues.

If you get released to go back to work without work restrictions your TTD stops after they file a form 24 with the NCIC.

When your doctor rates you, be sure to ask him to consider the logic in giving you work restrictions.

Don’t let him say something stupid like “I don’t think you will need any restrictions”

RDS

PS: The TTD continues till you get a suitable job that meets the restrictions.

PSS: NCIC= North Carolina Industrial Commission
    Last edited by RDS; 08-15-2009 at 08:07 AM.

RDS is right. Getting restrictions is the key.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law