Florida Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Florida Workers

• Florida Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Florida Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Dominant Hand Injury and Settlement

Got injured and hurt my dominant hand. Had a wrist fusion.
    Got an impairment rating of 15% and a permanant weight restriction of 8lbs. Have had my fce test and therapist agrees with the doctor. Would like to settle and get this all behind me. Has anyone had a simular injury and if so what kind of settlement did you get. Just trying to get a ball park figure.

Default Re: Dominant Hand Injury and Settlement

ALL injury/impairmrnt awards would be unique to the individual.

2. Within 14 days after the carrier's knowledge of each maximum medical improvement date and impairment rating to the body as a whole upon which the carrier is paying benefits, the carrier shall report such maximum medical improvement date and, when determined, the overall maximum medical improvement date and associated impairment rating to the department in a format as set forth in department rule. If the employee has not been certified as having reached maximum medical improvement before the expiration of 98 weeks after the date temporary disability benefits begin to accrue, the carrier shall notify the treating doctor of the requirements of this section(g) Notwithstanding paragraph (c), for accidents occurring on or after October 1, 2003, an employee's entitlement to impairment income benefits begins the day after the employee reaches maximum medical improvement or the expiration of temporary benefits, whichever occurs earlier, and continues for the following periods:

1. Two weeks of benefits are to be paid to the employee for each percentage point of impairment from 1 percent up to and including 10 percent.

2. For each percentage point of impairment from 11 percent up to and including 15 percent, 3 weeks of benefits are to be paid.

3. For each percentage point of impairment from 16 percent up to and including 20 percent, 4 weeks of benefits are to be paid.

4. For each percentage point of impairment from 21 percent and higher, 6 weeks of benefits are to be paid.
    http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...440/ch0440.htm
    You may be eligible for additional benefits.

hello I'm from ill and had a wrist fusion on my dominant hand and Dr put me at 31% loss of upper extremity.i settled for 33% of the hand with no lawyer.

sorry i forgot to add that i have open medical for 6 months if i decide to have plate removed,which i probibly will because i suffer from tendinitis,pain,stiffness and swelling
    having your wrist fused is a pain in the butt when you are a construction worker.

good luck

Quote Quoting Orangepledge View Post
    Got injured and hurt my dominant hand. Had a wrist fusion.
    Got an impairment rating of 15% and a permanant weight restriction of 8lbs. Have had my fce test and therapist agrees with the doctor. Would like to settle and get this all behind me. Has anyone had a simular injury and if so what kind of settlement did you get. Just trying to get a ball park figure.
    That's an interesting one. I'm not sure what you've been paid so far, but you are certainly entitled to impairment benefits for that rating, plus I'd put full value at 52 weeks of TTD/rehab plus maybe $25k for future medical. Look for a settlement at about 50% of that range.

I haven't been paid for anything yet. Waiting to hear back from my attorney.
    Now that I am at mmi have an impairment rating and such. I just want to move on with my life.
    It stinks to have a permanant partial disability. especially when it is your dominant hand.