Ohio Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Ohio Workers

• Ohio Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Ohio Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Doctor Ira Ungar

I have seen Dr. Ira Ungar on an IME and he deemed me ready to return to work.
    Anyone who has information about him please message me.

is this man lagitimate?????

I need his address and phone #
    PHP Code:
    :mad
    i lost his address & ph # after my horrible office visit with him.
    Last edited by nervedamage; 08-20-2009 at 07:44 AM.

Default Re: Doctor IRA Ungar

Ira doesnt have a address in which he practises out of. he goes all over to do IME's. You can look on the BWC website and a copy of your paper that say you were scheduled for this IME and his address will be there... But you have to register on the website....

As for is he legit? I find that question quite funny... I was scheduled to see him in 2005 as my first IME to allow my claim.. I was very naive about wc and only wanted to get fixed. he asked me all kinds of questions and i took everything with me thAT WAS REQUESTED, so at the end of what I thought was just another doctors appointment I asked him for a copy of his report for my records, he told me it would be sent to my lawyer (which i didnt have) i asked him why do i need a lawyer when alls i want is to be fixed and go back to work thats when he informed me I needed one to protect myself...

Now this is where the really funny stuff starts.. I came home not knowing what was going on and started to call lawyers... the lawyers werent interestedn in my claim? They asked me who the lawyers were for the Employer and some were done talking to me. Some asked about the IME and as soon as they founf out it was Ira Unger they told me that there is nothing wrong with me... What does that mean this is not in my head!!!! well i called evry lawyer in the telephone book and not one would help....
    Finally about a month later I recieved a copy of Ira,s report and then my claim was finally allowed.....

I found a lawyer after that but fired him and the next one too.... My lawyer now says my report should be framed and posted on a wall because Ira never rules that way! Dont let it get you down that he didnt rule in your favor it is just another stumbling block. And for me it all worked out better because I didnt have to pay a lawyer for getting the claim allowed or my back TTD benefits.... Its all mine

If you are lucky you wont have to deal with some of the other IMEs that I have. Just keep going and do the best you can. learn all about the system and how it sucks and know that you will not get rich or even come out ahead.... Those that cheat are the ones that are ahead those of us whom are realling hurt are so far behind we are just looking for a glimmer of light to tell us there is still a world out there and thats what we are fighting for.. to become part of it again.

Identification Information [back]
    Name Dr. IRA JAY UNGAR
    Birth Date:&nbsp5/1956 &nbspBirth Place:&nbspMCKEESPORT, PA
    Birth Country:
    Practice No address information on file.
    Residence PITTSBURGH, PA 15241
    County:&nbspOut of State
    Professional
    Education School: 036010-Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
    Graduated: 05/23/84

License and Registration Information
    Credential License Type Initial Licensure Date Expiration Date Status
    35.052654 Doctor of Medicine 08/16/1985 10/01/2011 ACTIVE
    Specialties
    EMERGENCY MEDICINE
    OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE

Quote Quoting e3mrk View Post
    Identification Information [back]
    Name Dr. IRA JAY UNGAR
    Birth Date:&nbsp5/1956 &nbspBirth Place:&nbspMCKEESPORT, PA
    Birth Country:
    Practice No address information on file.
    Residence PITTSBURGH, PA 15241
    County:&nbspOut of State
    Professional
    Education School: 036010-Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
    Graduated: 05/23/84

License and Registration Information
    Credential License Type Initial Licensure Date Expiration Date Status
    35.052654 Doctor of Medicine 08/16/1985 10/01/2011 ACTIVE
    Specialties
    EMERGENCY MEDICINE
    OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE

thank you i will forward this information onto my attornies.

Exclamation Re: Doctor IRA Ungar

Dr. Ungar is a complete HACK!
    I was sent to be examined by him so that he could prepare a report for my employer's (Wheatland Tube) attorney's fight against the allowance of my cervical disc displacement C6-C7. I went to a chiropractor's office here in the warren area where he was renting space for the afternoon to see people. I was in the room with him for approx. 30 minutes, of which, he actually examined me for about 5. The rest of the time he spent asking me the same line of questioning in numerous different ways as if he wanted to trip me up in something. He was asking about yard work and laundry etc., wanting to know who did them... When I left his office, I knew what was going on. Dr. Ungar was basically fishing to try and help my employers case against adding my allowance.

when I actually got to the hearing, I ended up losing the first level, due to dr. Ungar fictitiously divining in his report that I showed symptoms of a disc displacement until 3 weeks after my E.R. Visit when the displacement was found in the MRI. The hearing examiner never looked at the E.R. Report from my initial visit where I complained of numbness in my arms and hands and extremely weak upper body. And that was his ruling. Later on appeal with a staff officer, I won and was granted the allowance, based on th E.R. Report and the office notes from corporate health whom I followed up with after my initial injury date that listed the justification for requesting the MRI as being ridiculopathy consistent with cervical disc displacement. Long story short, BE CAREFUL! THIS GUY WILL OUTRIGHT LIE IF IT WILL BENEFIT THE EMPLOYER.

I appriciate hearing from you raydivens, I am truely sorry for your experience. Maybe if we all figured out how to get Dr. Ira Ungars License Revoked or at least get him in front of a medical review board, no one else would have to suffer through his empolyer biased evaluations.

I have to see this Dr for the first time in 2 days. I have a cast on my arm. I want to print up everything it says about him on this website and throw it in his and my employer's faces!

If you search Ungar using the blue bar at the top of this page it tells everything you need to know. Looks like only one person had a favorable outcome.

Default Re: Doctor Ira Ungar

oh Dr Ungar what a shady dude he said so many lies about me it was crazy.He said I was a fake and looking for monetary gains.I was unable to barely walk at the time and he stated I used drama to display my sytoms.What a terd this guy is..

Default Re: Doctor Ira Ungar

nervedamage,

you shouldnt need to give this info to your lawyer!!! I seen unger and had a great IME thanks to him!! before i got my report no lawyer would even talk to me once they found out i was sent to him... they all know about him...Maybe I got lucky as far as him ruling in my favor but it didnt seem to matter the employer still denied me medical treatment,, I was and still am majorly injured... One thing to do is make sure to take with you all objective things.. The ER doesnt always send the stuff that will make you look good only the stuff that is subjective so if you have objective findings that will only help you!! I think that is why so many get what they believe are BS reports from him... Go in prepared he can only make his determination on what is at hand and as far as what he sees when you arrive those are subjective...How you walk, move ect... Take MRI x-ray emg and things like that if they show a problem he cant ignore it

Subjective is how one thinks and believes where objective is the way it is no ifs and or buts about it!! You cant fake objective!

there are many out there that are alot worse then he is... Ralph Kovach and many of the psych doctors..