Default Reduced Hours at Work After Injury

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Alabama

Background: I just started a new job been there since the beginning of July. It's one of the Chain restaurant My Job is a waiter and have been doing it for several years. I was carrying a tray of food out from the kitchen I retrieved a tray stand that was 3 steps up these stairs. As turned around to go down these small steps I tripped at the top. I did not fall to the ground instead I regained my balance. I looked at the plates on the tray and one was falling off as it did I tried to correct it but failed. The plates were heading for a guest so I twisted the tray into myself. As not to hit the guest. as I did, I hurt my wrist.

This wrist is my tray arm and I cant lift a tray with the other hand. I have been out of work for 4 week 2 of those weeks were because my employer didn't have another job for me as a host. I return tonight to work on restriction I cant use my left arm. My employer only gave me 2 nights this week.
    My Question 1 does WC make up the difference in hours lost? only working 2 days. regardless of WC monies I am taking a cut in pay and can't afford that.
    Question 2: If I quit my job will WC still pay for the doctors Bills for surgery if needed?
    My wrist is not back to normal I have to go get more tests done this week. If I can't wait table anymore. I need to do something else for work and traveling 35 miles to work of 7.25 for 2 /5 hour shifts is not worth it. If I quit because It is 35 miles away from where I live will WC still pay the doctor bills when I have a new Job?

Default Re: What Can I Do

yes you are eligible for temporary partial disability payments. make sure your employer reports your reduced hours to the carrier.

http://dir.alabama.gov/wc/benefits.aspx

yes workers compensation in not your health insurance; it is the employers insurance.
    the employer will retain their work comp insurance and benefits for your claim whether any of their employees quit or not.
    Last edited by .SH; 09-01-2009 at 12:41 PM.

The second part of the Question was If I change jobs will workman's comp still take care of my Doctor bills. If I cant wait on tables I need to find another job and working as a host for 7.25 wont pay my bills. Right now I am getting 2 days a week 5 hours a day. WC pays me 100.00 a week I will in debt if I don't do something soon.

Also I had a second job when this happened and I lost time there, but I am back there working 4 days a week 4 hours a day.will workers comp still pay me for loss of my first job?

Quote Quoting Mrfitz1955 View Post
    The second part of the Question was If I change jobs will workman's comp still take care of my Doctor bills. If I cant wait on tables I need to find another job and working as a host for 7.25 wont pay my bills. Right now I am getting 2 days a week 5 hours a day. WC pays me 100.00 a week I will in debt if I don't do something soon.

Also I had a second job when this happened and I lost time there, but I am back there working 4 days a week 4 hours a day.will workers comp still pay me for loss of my first job?
    WC will still take care of the medicals bills for the injury. If you find a job and it pay less depending on yor state you may be eligible for a wage differential if the pay is less. If it is the same or it is more in wages then WC will not pay you anything. Stay within any restrictions your Dr may have given you while you are looking for work. Good luck
    Knowledge in the hands of an IW can be powerful.