Default Employer Won't Pay Me My Last Paycheck

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: NY

Does anyone know what I can do...my wife drove me to pick up my last pay check at the job I got hurt at and my boss was handing out paychecks to everyone, when he got to me, he said, "Oh, go talk to so and so," I went to the person he told me to talk to and he said my check was locked up in their safe so I went back to my employer and asked him to get my paycheck from the safe and he said, "You're not worth one second of my time, I'll send it in the mail when I feel like it."

Is this right? I really need the money and I worked for it, he's just mad that he had no workers comp insurance and is now going to be in trouble...can he withhold my pay like this? What are my options here? TIA

Default Re: Employer Won't Pay Me My Last Paycheck

file a complaint with your labor commissioner.
    you also can file a discrimination complaint for retaliation with the work comp board.

.SH
    file a complaint with your labor commissioner.
    you also can file a discrimination complaint for retaliation with the work comp board.
    I don't think he's a lawyer.
    Go to your local unemployment office and ask to talk to someone.
    Tell them what's up and they can help you file the complaint with the labor board or advise you of what else you can do.

Call the nutcase and demand your check, don't ask.
    There comes a time when you have to stand up for yourself, tell the nutcase he's not worth one second of your time either, so quit the bull and give up your check.
    Do you have any leverage, like the keys to the dump, ect?
    Use any and all dirty tricks.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

LMAO@ Tony's blunt advice...but thank you both. I'm going down to the Dept of Labor.