Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default What Is Considered To Be a Light Duty Job

hello every one. im still fighting to get my TTD back as my ptp hasent put me at MMI? but there IME doc did. but ok here is what im asking. since im almost broke now. and with my FCE results saying nothing below waist. and sendentary above waist. can i do this job?? a friend asked me if i would be willing. to drive my car and help his son do a motor route newspaper job. as he got a DUI and cant drive for a year. my friend said he would pay me $120 a week plus gas expense. i figured since i cant get unemployment they turnded me down?? reason is by there rules im still not able to perform a job. because of all my restrictions. and ok do i report this to some one?? and who? my AA says its ok to do this to help support me till we get this other stuff taken care of . the need for the knee operation,ttd turned back on. ect ect. then if the TTD get turned back on i then must report this to the IC but since there not paying anything now. and i cant get unemployment. just go ahead and take this job. i should explain im not getting out of the car. im not liffting any paper bundles. nothing just driving for one and a half hours total per day. 6 days a week. i think i should go for it. as it will at least keep a roof over my head and mac and chesse and hot dogs in the fridge. so any one think i should go ahead do this till we reach some kind of aggreement with the IC on TTD and the operation.

Default Re: What Is Considered To Be a Light Duty Job

Quote Quoting wolfwatcher View Post
    hello every one. im still fighting to get my TTD back as my ptp hasent put me at MMI? but there IME doc did. but ok here is what im asking. since im almost broke now. and with my FCE results saying nothing below waist. and sendentary above waist. can i do this job?? a friend asked me if i would be willing. to drive my car and help his son do a motor route newspaper job. as he got a DUI and cant drive for a year. my friend said he would pay me $120 a week plus gas expense. i figured since i cant get unemployment they turnded me down?? reason is by there rules im still not able to perform a job. because of all my restrictions. and ok do i report this to some one?? and who? my AA says its ok to do this to help support me till we get this other stuff taken care of . the need for the knee operation,ttd turned back on. ect ect. then if the TTD get turned back on i then must report this to the IC but since there not paying anything now. and i cant get unemployment. just go ahead and take this job. i should explain im not getting out of the car. im not liffting any paper bundles. nothing just driving for one and a half hours total per day. 6 days a week. i think i should go for it. as it will at least keep a roof over my head and mac and chesse and hot dogs in the fridge. so any one think i should go ahead do this till we reach some kind of aggreement with the IC on TTD and the operation.
    Take the job. Just don't do anything that you are restricted from doing.

beachgirl

thank you beachgirl i took the job. as its realy straight cash. thats why i asked who do i report it too? looks like a fair spare job for at least a year. $480.00 a month aint much but its better then a swift kick in the ass. now i got a letter today saying they want to send me to the IME for another look see for impairment rateing. didnt think they could do that? as i thought your PTP makes that choice. my AA said your not going. till he goes back into arbritation at end of the month.??

Quote Quoting wolfwatcher View Post
    thank you beachgirl i took the job. as its realy straight cash. thats why i asked who do i report it too? looks like a fair spare job for at least a year. $480.00 a month aint much but its better then a swift kick in the ass. now i got a letter today saying they want to send me to the IME for another look see for impairment rateing. didnt think they could do that? as i thought your PTP makes that choice. my AA said your not going. till he goes back into arbritation at end of the month.??
    I would listen to my attorney. If he says your not to go then don't go. My attorney instructed me not to go to one of the IMEs the IC had set up and he apparently let the IC know why.

Ask your attorney who you report your new job to.

Imes, your PTP, etc don't really matter when it comes to your rating. That will be haggled out between the two attorenys. If there is a pre trial then the artbitrator will weigh in too on how he will rule in the end.

beachgirl