Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Cool Worker's Comp Settlement for a Back Injury

My question is how do I know I am getting a fair compromise and release settlement? I have a herniated disc at L4L5, no surgery just PT and 3 injuctions. I still have pain and unable to perform my pre injury job as an Occupational Therapist. I feel I am where I am going to be physical. I have suffered from depression and am now on anti-depressents, my lawyer did not want to claim this as part of the case, which I quess is ok because I don't want to be in this system any more. Peolpe following ect. Anyway is $175000
    a good settlement my laywer will get 20% of that.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, this is my first one ever!!!

Default Re: Worker's Comp. Settlement for Back Injury

An average WC settlement in PA is equal to about 3-5 years of your total disability rate. This is an average and your particular case may be higher or lower.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Default Re: Worke's Comp. Settelment for Back Injury

Timothy thank you for answering my question.

My laywer never told me my diability rating. He did state that my company would not go 5 years. So I am a tad over 4 years. My rate was $814.00 a week. I thought 5 was fair, but my laywer said my company is self insured and they won't go any higher. So I feel better knowing at least it is within the normal range, not high or low.

Thanks again!!!

WoW, I'm impressed. I'm also in Pa. and I had a 3 level fusion in the cervical spine, w/plate and screws. have adjacent disc disease and looking at another surgery, it's been almost 2 yrs, and I just got offered 83K. so I would be very happy with that offer. and the 83K is flat, no future medical. of course my attorney turned it down, it' only came to a little over 2 yrs of salary.
    good luck to you, but based on the injury's i would think that sounds good to me. take care iod.
    i'm not sure if we can mention ins companies on the board, but if you want to pm me , I can tell you who my ins co is.

I hope it comes out ok I've been released since june of last year and just now getting to the settelment hearing and att dr said 21% disability but don't know what insurance carriers dr says I haven't received any thing about it from my attorney so im worried I didn't have any surgery just physical therapy and 1 steroid injection it was a back injury I hurt worse after the injection then any other time.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Mine didn't tell me I had to read off the paper that my w/c attorney sent me in the mail but still waiting on I/c drs report.
    Last edited by thumper123; 06-19-2011 at 02:36 AM.