Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Repeatedly Turned Down for SSDI

Quote Quoting freckleface View Post
    Good day all!!! My new hearing is set for Oct.31... I sure hope i get a treat and not a trick!!! I'll keep ya posted.
    Good Luck !

Dang it!!!! I was just a trick!!! LOL Got a letter today saying they needed to reschedule. LOL That's ok, i know it will all work out like it is suppose to be.

Have a great week end!!! :-)

Sorry it's been a while... I had my hearing on March 12th. It was so different from the first one. It took close to an hour to get all the info out there. They had a job person there and by the time all my restrictions were applied, she said there were no jobs that i could do. I think that's a good sign. Not going to count my chickens before they hatch this time. Now i just have to wait on the decision.

Sounds like you are likely to win this time. Good luck.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

I hope so complwyr, but i'm not going to get my hopes up.
    Hope ya have a wonderful weekend!
    :-)

Hello all!
    Still haven't heard from SS as of yet. I know the last hearing i had, if that's what you would call it, i had a reply in about two weeks. I have an opportunity to move with my daughter and her family to Hawaii in July and was wondering if i would hear anything by then. Any ideas how long it will take?

Hello all!
    Still haven't heard from SS as of yet. I know the last hearing i had, if that's what you would call it, i had a reply in about two weeks. I have an opportunity to move with my daughter and her family to Hawaii in July and was wondering if i would hear anything by then. Any ideas how long it will take?
    I would say 4 months minimum? They need to mail a question sheet to you, and all treating Dr.s then put that info together....then decide...what do they say 80% are refused 1st time, and 90% are refused the 2nd time.

Hello all!
    You didn't say what type of hearing you went to...? In front of a SSA judge?
    That determination/decision generally comes within 30 to 60 days... there is no reason for you to be contacted again by SSA until the judges finding comes down.
    How long ago was the hearing...?
    There is no reason you cannot move to HI with your daughter... live where ever you like. That's not going to change your SSA status, however, FYI, could be reason for a slight cost of living adjustment in your SSDI benefits.. upward.

My second hearing was on March 12 and yes it was with ALJ. I don't remember what the Judge said about the time frame of the decision. Guess i was just glad to have my case heard again. Thanks for the info. Ya'll have a great day! :-)

Hey Freckleface, sounds like the jobs person may have really done you the best good overall. I of course can NOT say you are approved or not but it is a good sign. What I would do IF it were me instead of just waiting in the wings I would be calling my local SSA office at least once if not twice every week asking about the decision. When mine was determined favorable in July 2009, I sat and waited and waited and waited...... Then I finally said enough of this crap and called. They were waiting to hear from the WC IC to apply the correct amount of offset. Had I NOT made that call I might still be waiting on the money that was owed. Albeit a very small amount in my particular case due to such a high WC offset every penny of it was needed. I highly suggest you start calling your local SSA now and do so every week until you have an answer and/or money in hand.

Best of luck to you dear.
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.