Idaho Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Idaho Workers

• Idaho Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Idaho Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default New to All of This

I was working a "fun job" at a daycare...anyway I fell running on the playground and after six weeks of finally breaking down and going to the docs..i found out that i had a torn mcl....and weeks later....an arm injury resulting in a partial epicondlye torn...anyway...i wasnt even realizing it was a wc case..but that is what direction i was steered. my boss closed downthe daycare and pushed me to go get seen...agreeing to everything...and so i went to the occup. doc and had mris and went to physical therapy. i was released from my leg a bit soon i thought but did not say too much about it....as my concentration was on my arm. after weeks of going to pt....and having two shots cortisone.....nothing else has helped. the doctor who is awesome said i woudl not be a good candidate for surgery...(i dont want surgery anyway..as the results are very low that have results)....so next week i go see another doctor for a second opinion...but i was told the "process"...might be an impairment rating. I am not sure how that works......and here is the problem....i am right handed....and i am havign to sell my horses already as my husband travels alot as it is....and it kills me to ride and hold the reins...so i am very upset about that....but i am alive and walking and breathing and am thankful...i have kids and doing basic housework kills me....i cant sweept or mop...it might sound funny...but again i am right handed.....i have to stop as i type this every so often...its hard for me to write.....if i am given a partial impairment rating...how does that work.....i did talk to a lawyer and he warned me of getting a low impairment rating as my right hand is my prominent arm.....and he mentioned that being the case that could make it a type of disability for me....

how can i be "retrained".....if i am right handed...and how can i be sure that in the end....i know that i am not going to be screwed.......if someone says...here is two thousand dollars for your impatial rating i am going to have a cow and be very upset.......this might last forever......sos hould i just accept their parital impairment rating.....or should i get a lawyer if i am not happy.....the thought of dragging this on is not exciting at all.......but i have a lawyer standing by if my results are not what i expected soon......so i dont know.......whats right and what isnt...i wanted to start a business and this has really put a damper on things.....can i even work from home if i do begin legal proceedings...........

Default Re: New to All of This

the permanent impairment benefits for a work injury are set by law and based on a physician's impairment rating-they are not open ended.
    you can get an atty to try and increase the impairment rating.
    you can return to work as long as you are not drawing temporary total disability at the same time. If during your recovery you are able to do lite work you can receive temporary partial disability on the lost wages.
    to find out more about idaho's benefits
    http://www.iic.idaho.gov/worker/worker.html
    Last edited by .SH; 11-18-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Figuring out Partial Impairment ratings......

What is ASW and how can you figure out beforehand.....assuming a rating would be a 2 or a 5? Is this figured out in weeks and amount?

it's complicated.
    AWS= Average State Wage

http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/72004KTOC.html

generally PD= % x Weeks x Rate

for more detailed help
    http://www.iic.idaho.gov/bottom_navigation/offices.html