Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Long Does a Review Board Take

i was approved by ssdi they called me and told me this but the women all so said half the cases get picked up by a review board and she said mine was one of them it was given to quality review on 11/16 09 she said they usually do not change the original finding witch was in my favor dose any one know how long this can take for the review board to look over the case and get it back to the case worker so bennifits can be paid any infomation would be very helpful it only took ssdi 3 months to get me original aproval on my case will quality review be faster or do they linger and take longer thanks for any help i can get

Default Re: Common

It would be hard to accept that half of the applications were picked up for quallity review... i don't believe they have the time, or budget to do that.

Howver, it should not take as long as the application process did... they are 'reviewing', not scrutinizing for award. You should have received a award letter...not just a phone call. SSA doesn't operate that way... everything is in writing..or it doesn't exsist. The last letter you receive from SSA is the current status of your application/claim. That is the only document they would honor. Phone calls, or any conversation really has little to no bearing on your claim.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I was notified of approval by phone. The applications for my wife and children to be added to my SSDI were taken over the phone and we were told at that time how much each of our benefits would be and the monthly total. And I was told how much backpay I would receive over the phone and it was deposited into my bank account 3 days after the phone call. Our award letters did not arrive until we had been given our backpay and 3 regular checks. My case did not go to quality review so I am no help on that issue. I have heard of several people that received a deposit before a letter.

Can't wait.....

I am actually going through the same thing....I have been approved for ssd but have not received any letters or anything. I also have an open case with WC....I was thinking this is the reason I haven't heard anything from anyone. I have not received any benefits from WC since I first got injured on the job; I recently received an impairment rating. Still nothing..! :-(

I am new to this WC/SSD system. If anyone can give me any advice or information on what happens next...please let me know..asap...I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks....

I also received my first official approval over the phone and the back pay was deposited to my account LONG before the written letter of approval came in.

Steel
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

The employee from the local SSA that did the inperson interview when I first applied called me when he saw my name in the computer to let me know I had been approved for SSDI.

I knew it was likey I would be approved because 2 weeks previous I had received a phone call from DDS (Disability Determination Services) asking
    if I had any additional medical information. At the time I was scheduled in a few days for a CT Scan for dx of a tumor of the spine and was told to call DDS with the results.

I called DDS after receiving the resluts of the CT Scan to let them know the tumor had been confirmed and received the phone call from the local office one week later.

Unhappy Re: Common

I am wondering now that i got denied with a response from a call over the phone i made if i was to constantly update all the medical information and files i sent originally? I sent over 1,000 pages that they had to or should have scanned. All neatly organized in file from numerous doctors.

I now have an attorney and he will appeal for me, supposedely i will get a letter within a week. Has anyone got their letter in a timely fashion.

I am very upset i am in chronic pain, have a cyst on my kidney, have degenerative disk disease, sleep apnea, insomnia, chronic plantar facitis and just wonder why i was denied.

The doctor i went to for an exam, their doctor, kept asking me things like, you are not in pain all the time, right? No matter how much i told him he kept denying my answers and made light of my complaints.

Thanks,

hi like i said i was told bye a women from ssdi i was approved iam still on wc getting a good amount from them ssdi women said my case got picked up bye a quality review board and it takes up to a month for them to review it dose any one if this is some thing that exist or is she blowing smoke up my ass she did tell me i would get back pay once it comes back from the review board if they dont chance the finding witch said she did not think they would and told me home much i woild be getting because i was still on comp and once off comp i would go up to the full disability amount so dose this seem right or iam i just setting my self up for a huge disapointment thanks

My ssdi went to the review board. For me that took about 30 days.

Before you can collect ssdi you must be off work for 1 year and then there is a 5 month wating period after that.

You do not have to ''be'' off work for a year...your Dr/Dr's must be able to provide with some certainty that your condition is expected to last a minimum of 12 months...or be the cause of your death within that same period.
    The last letter you receive from SSA is the current status of your application/claim. That is the only document they would honor.
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I was notified of approval by phone. The applications for my wife and children to be added to my SSDI were taken over the phone and we were told at that time how much each of our benefits would be and the monthly total.
    What you are describing is not the same as your initial application, nor would it be a fianl approval of award. You may very well accept the information by phone, it would not be a good idea to spend the money in anticipation of a automatic deposit, or "the check is in the mail'' statement.
    Follow up calls to gather additional info could very well be by phone if only to expediate the process. The fact remains... Only the last written explanation of benefits you receive from SSA is what matters. Even prior written notifications don't count...only the last on received provides the accurate info as far as SSA is concerned. When did you ever find a verbal conversation to carry any weight ?
    If it isn't in writing...it doesn't exsist.