Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Return to Work Letter After Ime

I work in law enforcement and I`m covered by the heart & lung act at present. I have been off work over a year with 2 knee surgeries from a work injury. My knee is no better, and will require a total knee replacement in the future. I had to go to an IME recently. And received a letter today from human resources. It says per my IME findings, I am to return to work on Christmas day in a modified duty post. It is for 90 days, and is to be reviewed after that time period. And it lists the restrictions that the post will entail. In my job we do not have any permanent light duty positions. And my doctor`s will not release me back to work as I am today. I left a message for my attorney. And wait to hear from him. Anyone that`s been in this position, I would like to hear from. Thanks!

Default Re: Return to Work Letter After Ime

Same exact thing happened to me.My orders to return to work are the same.My doctors dont want me to even have weight on my knee.Those ime docs should be thrown in jail for the pain and future problems they cause from their lies.

I have a question for the two of you, did you receive a Notice of Ability to Return to Work before the job offer?
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Quote Quoting Timothy Belt View Post
    I have a question for the two of you, did you receive a Notice of Ability to Return to Work before the job offer?
    No I did not. In fact since my lawyer sent a letter of introduction to them ans compservices. All I received was a letter for my IME. Nothing else.

Bring that up to your lawyer. I don't claim to be an expert on Heart and Lung, but in regard to the comp claim, this is a procedural defect that could potentially invalidate this job offer.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

i received both the same day but it wasnt a job offer it was orders to return to work.

Quote Quoting Timothy Belt View Post
    Bring that up to your lawyer. I don't claim to be an expert on Heart and Lung, but in regard to the comp claim, this is a procedural defect that could potentially invalidate this job offer.
    It also says on the letter I received that another copy of it was sent to me as certified mail. I have not received any certified mail since the letters scheduling my IME in November. Thanks again Tim!

I received the certified copy of my return to work letter yesterday 12/17/09. Its funny because the letter is dated 11/12/09. And I am ordered back to work on Christmas day. I never received an ability to work letter. I spoke to my lawyer, and he faxed a letter to human resources today. Asking for a detailed description of my "modified duty" job requirements. And exactly what I am expected to perform. In order for him to send it to my doctor for evaluation and or approval. He asked for a quick response on their part.
    I was out earlier today, and when I returned there was a message on my machine from our HQ in Harrisburg. The lady left her name and number and asked me to return her call. I contacted my Atty. but he was out. So I spoke to his secretary, and told her about the call. She said do not return her call. They have been told to speak directly to us on your behalf. She called the person who left the message. But she declined to speak to her, saying she could only speak to me alone. She was asked to send a letter detailing her questions for me. But once again she declined. What kind of games are they playing in Harrisburg? I take it that if they don`t send a letter for my doctor`s approval. And unless he approves it? I will not return to light duty on Christmas as ordered.