I am going to try and simplify this. I am a master technician for Ford for over 20 yrs and I have belonged to the same Union for over 15 years. I was presently in my new employer for approx. 2.5 months. I was pumping on a clutch continuously and something in my knee popped and I was in extreme pain and could not move my leg.
Went to doctor had MRI, Xrays injections.
Needed complete Knee Replacement
Past knee issues never a work injury.
The Insurance company for where I work finally approved the surgery but I had it done under my wife's insurance. It was fine they approved it.
I have been sent to 2 different QME doctors and they both agreed with my doctor and said that I am unable to ever go back to my job again. I received a letter from this insurance company who is claiming to be my employer (which they are not) on the day before Thanksgiving saying I needed to report to work that Monday for some kind of clerical job. I contacted an attorney right after. I was given no notice or training or even a release from any doctor let alone my own. They discontinued my payments and then after talking with my attorney reinstated them. Christmas Eve I received the same notice saying if I did not show up for this same clerical job on that Monday they would suspend my WC payments once again. My attorney filed with WC board and I am still waiting. 1 week ago I received the last QME doctor's report stating that I am not permanent and stationary and that I am unable to return to this job due to my injuries and will require future surgeries. All of the doctors have not released me but the insurance company feels that they are able to release me and that I should go and work for them (not my employer Ford) in a job that I have not been trained for, is not a Union job, or within my contract and is 45min to 1hour away from my home.
I am now in the waiting game. I have applied for SSI SS and SDI. I was turned down by SDI which I do not understand and I am now in the appeal process. I am receiving now only $425.00 every 2 weeks as apposed to the $1825.00 every 2 weeks I was receiving. I do not know what to do. I have been waiting to hear from my attorney and they are waiting for the appeals board to do a rush hearing. I am not released for work and can not work and can not survive on this payment.
Do you have any suggestions that can help me?