Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Injury with Prior Asymptomatic Degenerative Disk Disease

hello iam 38 yrs old and got hurt on the job about a yr ago i had surgery to my lower back i do have an attorney in my case and they want to settle out my attorney had a deposition with the dr. that did the surgery and said i had degenerative disk disease and movement to my disk he doesnt know if it happened at work or if it was there and it aggravated an old injury i never had problems with my back the docter also states that i will not go back to what i do for living is this gonna effect what i should be getting because my dr. said it was aggravated and it looks like an old injury but he also said he doesnt know if it was there and also i cant work anymore?.....

Default Re: Help

What type of petition is currently pending? If this is a Claim Petition, you will need to establish a causal connection, and if your doctor said that he doesn't know if it happened at work, that is probably not going to cut it.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.