Texas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Texas Workers

• Texas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Texas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default A Decision--Finally

I finally received my SSD decision....I read all 9 pages....I only understand some of the mambo.....but my question is:

What does it mean when it states...."The Workers Compensation offset provisions at (## ABC 000.000) may be applicable?"

My WC case has yet to be settled....The INS Co....NOW wants to dispute the DD's MMI date and the IR.....I have a hearing scheduled for some time in the future.

I would appreciate any help and/or comments...Thanks again...

Default Re: A Decision--Finally

What does it mean when it states...."The Workers Compensation offset provisions at (## ABC 000.000) may be applicable?"
    It means the dates you have received TTD/TIB's, may be cause for offsets to your SSDI benefits.
    When you are paid TIB's and SSDI for the same periods of time, between the two, your total income cannot exceed 80% of your pre injury average wage.

If you know those figures..you can guess to what the overpayment may be... it would be best if you did not spend all of that SSDI check until you determine IF there is an overpayment. You can either send back the amount SSA demands...or your SSDI benefits will be reduced, or even stopped, until the overpayment is satisfied.

Default Re: A Decision--Finally

Bvia,

Ok...I'm confused. Even if WC took their money back from my PI case...I still have to pay them again...? I had to pay them back for medical bills and TIBS from my personal injury case....$12,000... :-(

I really didn't think that was fair to me....but it happened.... :-(