California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Northern California - The Great State of Confusion

Default Training Voucher and Schools

OK...ALMOST DONE!!!!!!!! I received my training voucher in the mail today, $6K...I am now loosing my mind trying to find a listing of accredited schools that accept the voucher. I really do not want to have to pay a counselor for anything. I want to cotinue my experience in the telecom realm by getting CompTia A+ and +Net certified.

Anyoe know where I can find a list of schools or course works that accept the voucher? I cannot come up with anything on google or other web based searches.

Thanks in advance....

Default Re: Training Voucher and Schools

Try this link for a list of all accredited post secondary California schools:

http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Sear...333a323120504d

You might check out your local Jr. College. I know the one in my area offers classes and programs for both of those certifications. Won't take the entire $6,000.00 to get. You can use the rest to further your education beyond that.

For some it works out best to pay out of pocket and submit for reimbursement. Some schools have deadlines for receipt of payment and if the IC delays it for any reason it can hang you up. Just depends on the route you take to get the training. Public vs. private school.

Default Re: Training Voucher and Schools

The DWC site http://www.bppve.ca.gov/ should give you the info you need.

Default Training Voucher and Schools is there any way around the limited selection?

Hi everyone,

I just qualified for a $10,000 voucher but I don't want to be a massage therapist or medical billing assistant etc..
    Is there any way around the limited scope of approved courses?
    Thank you in advance for any advice,
    Marty

Default Re: Training Voucher and Schools is there any way around the limited selection?

Quote Quoting Hoenisch5 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just qualified for a $10,000 voucher but I don't want to be a massage therapist or medical billing assistant etc..
    Is there any way around the limited scope of approved courses?
    Thank you in advance for any advice,
    Marty
    Not sure what you mean by approved courses. If the school is acceditied you can pretty much take whatever. Any Junior or State College or University is a good place to start.

Default Re: Training Voucher and Schools is there any way around the limited selection?

i can give you a couple of options if you are interested

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Quoting Telecomcal View Post
    OK...ALMOST DONE!!!!!!!! I received my training voucher in the mail today, $6K...I am now loosing my mind trying to find a listing of accredited schools that accept the voucher. I really do not want to have to pay a counselor for anything. I want to cotinue my experience in the telecom realm by getting CompTia A+ and +Net certified.

Anyoe know where I can find a list of schools or course works that accept the voucher? I cannot come up with anything on google or other web based searches.

Thanks in advance....
    i can give you a couple of options if you are interested

The voucher is not for approved courses...it is for tuition and any related materials necessary in you retraining. There are some limitations however, ie on counseling services, or job placement.
    You use the voucher at any approved facility. Any where...sometimes even out of state.